can you show me your Orpington????

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by RioLindoAz, Jul 13, 2007.

1. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    I've been wanting to buy Orps and I just want to see wat one looks like

Thanks [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. andischickenfarm

andischickenfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2007
    N.E. Oklahoma
    I thought I would tell you that www.feathersite.com has some awesome pictures of all kinds of chickens!

I'm sure someone on here will show you some pictures of theirs. [​IMG]

Andi
    [​IMG]

3. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    I herd about your broody hen!

can show me pics?

oh and thanks for the feathersite thing [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2007
  4. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    This is a pic of my Black Orp. Pullet and my Blue Orp Cockerel. My Cockerel has gotten very big. They were 4 months old here. [​IMG]

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Here are Buffs and Blues:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    does anyone have a moddled orp ????? [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2007
  7. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    What do you get if you cross a Buff and a Blue? And what colour eggs do the Blues lay?

8. Rowanm77

Rowanm77 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2007
    Blairstown, NJ
    Ohhh! Thanks for the pics! The Buff Orpington looks identical to one of my hens! Maybe that's what she is? I am still new to the whole chicken thing and haven't any idea what breeds my 9 birds are other than one Barred Rock and a cochin, and an English-type banty.

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

You know, Cara, I think if you cross a blue and a buff, it's anybody's guess exactly what you'd end up with. Could be black-tailed buffs or blues with gold in the hackles...both are complicated colors to breed. The eggs I've been getting from Velvet are a pinky-beige color, matte finish. Here's one from today. They have these white speckles on them and at first, I thought they were porous because of that, but I've been candling them and they are fine.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2007
  10. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    Some of my eggs look like that. They started laying in July, and some look like regular brown eggs and others are paler with the white speckles. I had thought it was the oyster shell making them that way. I have one hen who lays eggs that are almost round, every single day. No wonder she squawks a lot.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by