Can you show silkied feathered Seremas? and pics of my new seremas!

americana-chick

Crowing
12 Years
Jun 18, 2008
Just got these guys today. I need help with their color, if they are show quality and if you can show the female because she has silkie feathers?
First off here is Oliver:
ChickPicks2275.jpg

ChickPicks2274.jpg

And now Lilly:
ChickPicks2273.jpg

ChickPicks2272.jpg

A picture of them together:
ChickPicks2277.jpg

I have only had Seremas for a day and i already love them so much!
Thanks in advance!

Yes, you can show silkied seramas--they are fairly common. Do realize that they are not an APA or ABA recognised breed, but also realize that there are shows specific to seramas, an d judging is a bir different. And I think you need to rename Lily to Lyle, Oliver looks to be the better quality bird based upon his stance, and Lily (Lyle) is really needing a molt. But I am not a serama breeder, so I can;t give you any fine points on their appearance.

Quote:
Everyone seems to think lilly is a boy but aparently she has laid an egg before so who knows.

Here is what some of my hens look like:
GEDC2188.jpg

GEDC2113.jpg

GEDC2175.jpg

Now here is what the boys look like:
GEDC2174.jpg

GEDC2256.jpg

GEDC2193.jpg

Notice the differance in the comb sizes and the males tails are a bit longer too.

Well i will talk to the guy again and ask if he knows for sure "lilly" has laid an egg. When i first got em i thought lilly acted kinda boyish too but oh well i guess i still love em
big_smile.png

Quote:
Yup "she" has no spurs at all (yet anyways) she is the same age as oliver (6 months) and he seems to be way more developed if lilly is a boy. Oliver crows all the time and lilly just kinda sits around and Oliver always seems to do his little dance for lilly. but still you all seem to think lilly is a boy so i guess i will have to wait and see.

P.S.~in the last picture you can also see that Oliver is bigger than lilly and when you hold them you can really feel their difference in weight.

Last edited:
That could explain the tail damage from fighting. I would almost bet that lilly is a boy.

I would almost have to say that the person that sold you them knew this too.

Now you need some hens to go with them boys. Problem is it's hard to find serama's. At least around here it is. I spent a fortune in eggs. To finally find out it isn't worth buying hatching eggs in the mail for serama's. They are very fragile.

Quote:
Actually the people who gave me them are related to me so i doubt they would have tricked me..
He said that lilly was in a pen with all hens and they all picked on her to the point her tail was a nub and bleeding so they seperated her.
I am really hoping that lilly is a girl!

Back
Top Bottom