1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Can you solve this????? 2

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by kittykittykitty, Nov 4, 2011.

1. kittykittykitty

kittykittykitty Luvin My Chickies

Jul 5, 2011
    an egg
    The Farmer's Garden:

One day, The farmer thought he might grow vegetables as well. That night, he planned his garden and decided on plants. In the morning, the farmer bought a package of corn seeds, a package of tomato seeds, and a package of cabbage seeds. That afternoon, He used his chicken tractor and chickens to make the soil ready for planting. The next day, when the soil was ready, he planted 15 corn seeds, 10 tomato seeds, and 20 cabbage seeds. He watered them all and went inside after a hard day. In the morning, His plants started to grow! He had 12 corn seedlings, all 10 tomato seedlings, and 17 cabbage seedlings. His plants grew and grew! 7 days after the farmer had seen the seedlings, the plants were ready to harvest. Some of the seedlings didn't live, that left him with 10 corn plants, 10 tomato plants, and 15 cabbages. He decided to wait until the next day to harvest his plants. When the farmer went out to harvest some of his cabbages, his chickens ate 3 whole cabbages! He watered the rest of the plants and locked the chickens in their run. That night was very windy, so he hoped in the morning his plants would be ok. At the crack of dawn, he ran out to his garden and saw that 5 of his corn plants had blown away in the wind. This was not going to slow down the farmer! The next day, he bought 3 more adult corn plants and planted them where the old ones were previously. He also planted 4 more adult cabbages to replace the ones his chickens ate, but he noticed snails got to 4 of his cabbages! He didn't want to spray them. So, the next day, he pulled the snail infested ones out and planted 6 more in their place. The farmer was even more shocked when he saw one of his roosters running away with a whole tomato plant, roots and all. The farmer sighed as he went back inside. The next day, the farmer bought an adult tomato plant to replace the one that was taken, but, he saw that 3 more were being eaten by caterpillars! He loved caterpillars, but not in his garden. The next day, he gave the infected plants to a butterfly habitat lady to be taken care of. The next morning, the farmer was happy to see none of the rest of the plants were harmed in any way. He harvested the rest and sold them the next day.

How many tomato plants did he have left?

How many corn plants did he have left?

How many cabbages did he have left?

How many days went by in the story?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  2. gallopingfrog

gallopingfrog Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2011
    Arizona
    Tomato: 7
    Cabbage: 18
    Corn:8
    Days:19

?

3. acoustic-rooster

acoustic-rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2011
    N E Ohio
    If "He harvested the rest and sold them the next day."
    then:
    Tomato: 0
    Corn: 0
    Cabbage: 0
    Days: 19 (the day of selling them)

4. CrystalLovin'CountryChic

CrystalLovin'CountryChic Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2011
    Cabbage:0
    Days: 19

5. mrpekinduck

mrpekinduck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    Ducky Land!
    Cabbage: 0
    Days: 19

6. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    what happen to the thread about the farmer and his chickens ??????? was i correct ?

7. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    His plants grew and grew! 7 days after the farmer had seen the seedlings, the plants were ready to harvest.

He decided to wait until the next day to harvest his plants.

0 plants

8 days

8. P-Funk

P-Funk Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2011
    Franktown
    Do you honestly expect an engineer to pay attention to math?

9. kittykittykitty

kittykittykitty Luvin My Chickies

Jul 5, 2011
    an egg
    ***Warning: This contains the answers***

Sorry I haven't been on in a while. I forgot to post the answers for ppl -_-

Here are the answers to the questions:

0 plants

19 days

Hope you enjoyed!!!!!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by