can you still order from hatcheries?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by kerrysmommy, Oct 9, 2011.

1. kerrysmommy

kerrysmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2010
    My house :]
    i am wondering going to see if i do horse stalls for a few months even in winter if my mom will get my a few silkie chicks and want to know if you can still order chicks
    thanks

2. kerrysmommy

Mar 15, 2010
    any one?

3. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    In the winter? most hatcheries are sold out by then [​IMG] most are sold out now [​IMG]

4. TheSpiceGirls

TheSpiceGirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    I just looked last week into placing an order and My Pet Chicken still has some breeds but they are sold out of the ones I'm interested in for the season. Might be worth placing a call to them. They may not have enough to offer online but may have some they are willing to sell you.

5. smkchick

smkchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2011
    Lawnguyland
    it looks like chickensforbackyards.com has bantam silkies.

6. smkchick

Sep 3, 2011
    Lawnguyland
    I don't know where you're located, but there's a woman in my area with silkie chicks for sale.

7. kerrysmommy

Mar 15, 2010
    smkchick are you by buffolo? i live in in western to central ny and we have got some chicks from out by where you are located i think a year or 2 ago and they arnt very good looking............they have very bad poofs and bad show quality

8. smkchick

Sep 3, 2011
    Lawnguyland
    Nah. I'm on Long Island. Got a beekeeping brother in Buffalo, though! Can't get you silkies, but I can get you honey!

9. raykour1

raykour1 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 26, 2011
    I order from Meyer Hatchery all year. They are out of some of the more rare breeds, but most of your basic breeds they have. Check on Tuesdays on the "poultry available for this week" page because apparently depending on how hatches turn out they may have many more breed available. You can almost always order a "production pack" or rainbow layer pack and most of your basic breeds.

10. kerrysmommy

Mar 15, 2010
    okay thanks everyone! i have found a lady on here who breeds silkies and said i can order when i get a "silkie" fund for building a new coop with a brooding stall/room in it [​IMG] also to buy silkies i am starting to breed and really wanna have all the colors so i can have a variety of colorful chicks in a barn thing lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by