can you still order from hatcheries?

kerrysmommy

Songster
9 Years
Mar 15, 2010
My house :]
i am wondering going to see if i do horse stalls for a few months even in winter if my mom will get my a few silkie chicks and want to know if you can still order chicks
thanks

In the winter? most hatcheries are sold out by then
smile.png
most are sold out now
smile.png

I just looked last week into placing an order and My Pet Chicken still has some breeds but they are sold out of the ones I'm interested in for the season. Might be worth placing a call to them. They may not have enough to offer online but may have some they are willing to sell you.

smkchick are you by buffolo? i live in in western to central ny and we have got some chicks from out by where you are located i think a year or 2 ago and they arnt very good looking............they have very bad poofs and bad show quality

I order from Meyer Hatchery all year. They are out of some of the more rare breeds, but most of your basic breeds they have. Check on Tuesdays on the "poultry available for this week" page because apparently depending on how hatches turn out they may have many more breed available. You can almost always order a "production pack" or rainbow layer pack and most of your basic breeds.

okay thanks everyone! i have found a lady on here who breeds silkies and said i can order when i get a "silkie" fund for building a new coop with a brooding stall/room in it
smile.png
also to buy silkies i am starting to breed and really wanna have all the colors so i can have a variety of colorful chicks in a barn thing lol

Back
Top Bottom