can you sue for this?

Tala

Flock Mistress
10 Years
Apr 14, 2009
Benton (Saline County) AR
My mom went to the dentist almost 2 months ago, and after they numbed her up, some of the nerves never "woke back up"
so she has permanent (thus far) slurred speach

Couldn't she sue the dentist over that??
I mean geeeze it's one thing to lose a tooth, but another thing entirely to sound drunk all the time. When I first talked to her I was afraid that she'd had a stroke!!

I thought that's the reason they carry malpractice insurance. I figure they'd pay out without even going to court.
Of course we'd consult an attorney before we actually did sue, but I was just thinking outloud.

That's okay some one else may have a better idea. Has she seen another dentist for a second opinion.

Oh and I would never have anyone else that you know go to the first dentist. I would say he is fired.

Quote:
My sister's dentist is so good with the needle (she says) he also does botox, lol
so we want mom to see him, but I do not know if she has gone or not yet. I'm going to visit her next week so I'll know more then.

You can sue for anything you like. Whether you win is a whole other discussion.

When I had my wisdom teeth out they messed up a nerve. For a couple of years I couldn't feel anything on that side of my tongue. The feeling has gradually come back and I am fine today.

I hope your mom gets better too.
hugs.gif

I know when I've had dental work the paperwork involved usually includes a bit about understanding that numbing agents and/or the work done could result in injury... and that you accept this risk in order to be rid of the pain of the bad tooth.

If she signed something like that then prolly not... but if not then yeah, talk to a lawyer.

Back
Top Bottom