Can you tell a gender on these two?

Chicksnmind

Songster
Feb 16, 2018
Central Florida
Here are my other two 6 week chicks. These are silkies. Can you tell what they they are yet or still too soon? One is smaller than the other but one mom is smaller silkie and the other is larger so I think two different moms.
5F916872-ECFB-4680-A0FF-72AE76031502.jpeg

Here’s another photos. I hope the black one is a pullet as it has bent toes and it will be easier to find a home for it or maybe I will try to keep it. My ramp I think will be too difficult for it I think ( he/she was born normal but I think mom stepped on it.. she isn’t careful with them).
B53BA11A-2D42-42AB-963D-FE28DCBDAF93.jpeg
96416FF3-C136-4EAF-9DA3-DA1274DDAA42.jpeg

I’m guessing I will have to keep them longer. I tried introducing everyone together today and my EE hen tore into my silkie hen non-stop. Silkie hen was bleeding from comb and lost several feathers before I could separate. There is no way silkie can protect the babies when she is getting beaten up. My silkie rooster tried to break the fight up by attacking the Ee but EE just ignored him.I had to get a rake .The silkie hen and hen EE were raised together and have always been in sight ..just divided to keep the new chicks safe.

I'm not seeing any pullets.
I'm fairly confident those are both cockerels.

Thanks guys. I found a home for these today. ❤️ I posted that he/she (black silkie chick) needs a special needs home because it will have problems using a ramp and someone had a perfect home for these two and also they wanted 3 of my pullets that I wanted to rehome to make space. So I’m back down to 9 until I rehome my last two chicks. I’m waiting for Mama to stop wanting to be a mama.

Back
Top Bottom