Can you tell by size?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by buzymom13, Jun 25, 2010.

1. buzymom13

buzymom13 I run the Alien Chicken Asylum

Apr 20, 2010
    [​IMG]

Not that it matters because we'll still love them whether they are boy/boy or girl/girl or boy/girl....LOL We have 2 pekin ducklings. They are about 6 wks old. They were 2 out of a group of 4 that my friend had. We (the kids) chose the biggest one and the smallest one. They are very adorable and follow each other everywhere in the pen. They make a HUGE racket if you take one away from the other.

My question is...Does it mean anything that the one is bigger than the other? Trigger is the big one and Nutsy is the small one. Trigger seems to have started to quack and Nutsy is still peeping.

Yes, we're new to ducks. I've read thru the threads here and haven't really seen an answer to this question.

I posted a pic just so you can see how cute they are...lol...

[​IMG]

Thankx so much for any info! [​IMG]

2. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

Can't go by size. I have two from the same hatch and the bigger one is the girl and she started quaking early. Quaking means girl. My boy was whistling for the longest time and has lost it now. He is now rasping and have a very quiet quark, if you can call it a quark.

3. buzymom13

buzymom13 I run the Alien Chicken Asylum

Apr 20, 2010
    Thankx for the reply. I thought maybe I would have an easy yes or no...LOL. I guess we'll just have to wait and see who quacks and who doesn't...

We love them regardless.

4. love_a_duck

love_a_duck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2010
    Waterford, Michigan
    They are very beautiful buzymom.
    [​IMG]

katharina, i love the word "quark"!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by