Can You Tell Me About the Favorite Leah Incubator, sold in 1970s?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Barry Natchitoches, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Barry Natchitoches

Barry Natchitoches Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2008
    Tennessee
    I was wondering if any of you know anything about the Favorite Leah brand incubator, which was sold in the 1970s?

This particular incubator that is being sold here in west Tennessee incubates up to 500 eggs at one time. It is 4 feet tall, 18 inches wide and 24 inches deep. It is a wooden incubator, with a rosewood finish.

It does not have an automatic egg turner but has two wires that can be pulled to turn some (but not all) of the eggs.

Also, the owner said something about it having three holes in the top that could be used to adjust the humidity. I didn't exactly understand what he was refering to . I'm not sure how "three holes in the top" could be used to control humidity inside the incubator, but maybe you could explain that to me?

Anyway, my brother would like to buy an incubator, and so I'm trying to find out as much as I can about this one.

The owner is asking $500 for it.

Is that a fair price for what they are selling?

2. chopperman66

chopperman66 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 20, 2011
    If you are going to pay that much, I would go a little more and get the GQF Sportsman. I have one and it will set almost 300 at a time and you don't have to worry about the turning, since it is automatic.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by