1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Can you tell me gender of my 5 week olds?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by hogster160, Feb 16, 2013.

1. hogster160

hogster160 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2013
    New Carlisle, Indiana
    Hi! Just wondering if the chicken experts here can give me an idea of gender. Al chicks are 5 weeks old. All tho the two blrw were larger and had more feathers thinking a week older, as we picked up chicks rather than having them shipped. Thanks for any help!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

This is the least feathered I have, very small tail feathers compared to the others

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is astrolorp is friendly little thing

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this little EE is a very quiet friendly little lover baby..until someone jumps by her

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

another astrolorp, have 5 of these total, and they pretty much look a like, just some differences in their beak color

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is one of the blrw, shes hand full. First out of the crate, always instigating the other birds

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the other blrw, shes just a lover baby!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this one is the other EE and she doesn't stop always on the run..non stop trouble with a T

If its too early to tell, I'll have to force my self to stop thinking about it lol. They were ordered as all pullets, but I know my luck! If they are cockerls all is still good as I have a cpl acres,

Thanks!

Deb

2. mshuntjump

mshuntjump Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    To me, only the first one looks like a cockerel.

3. PoultryGirly

PoultryGirly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2012
    All look female!

4. hogster160

hogster160 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2013
    New Carlisle, Indiana
    I really have no idea lol as these are my first. I appreciate your thoughts on the matter. I really am hoping for one cockerel, need one for protection for the girls :)

Deb

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by