1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Can you tell me how to upload more than one picture at a time?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by kathyinmo, Jan 23, 2012.

1. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

I thought there was a way, but now I can't find that as an option.

2. CALI CHICK

CALI CHICK Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    Rio Linda, CA
    I believe you just click the icon labled "insert image" for each picture you wish to add to your post...(It is the icon left of the film strip icon)

[​IMG] Good luck with your pictures, Darla

3. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    I still haven't figured that one out either. I tried holding CTRL whille selecting photos but that didn't work. I tried selecting one and then selecting another, but that didn't work either.

Hmm...

4. kathyinmo

It was an option in the sandbox, but maybe that is gone now?

5. Gargoyle

Gargoyle Overrun With Chickens

Apr 13, 2011
    Fox Valley, IL
    My Coop
    I was able to do it yesterday, I created a new album, ctrl-selected ten pix and uploaded them all at once. I also created a new album at the same time.
    I went into my albums, selected add photos and got this screen. Instructions are under the "How to add multiple photos" link.

What I can't figure out is, how do I move photos from one album to another after I've uploaded them? I saw a link two weeks ago and was able to do it then (but not from my old uploads album, only from new albums I create on the new BYC), however I can't find that link/dropdown any more.
    ------------------------------------

[​IMG]

6. BarnGoddess01

BarnGoddess01 I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

How did you get the links to your albums in your signature? That's very spiffy!!! [​IMG]

7. kathyinmo

OH, THANK YOU ! ! !
    To upload multiple pictures, I would have to upload into an album. OK. For some reason, I was thinking I could upload multiple like when I am posting. Hmmm, guess not.

Thanks again!

8. BarnGoddess01

BarnGoddess01 I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

LOVE the multiple upload option but how do we add pictures already uploaded to our albums into a post? I can't seem to figure that one out .... [​IMG]

9. Gargoyle

Apr 13, 2011
    Fox Valley, IL
    My Coop
    First, go to the My Profile link on the top, scroll all the way down. Just above the brown section is your signature, click "edit signature text":

[​IMG]

Once you click that, you'll get a screen with this. Click the "show stuff in your signature" dropdown.

[​IMG]

10. Gargoyle

Apr 13, 2011
    Fox Valley, IL
    My Coop

The way I did it last night for this thread on Italian Chickens was to open two browser windows side by side. (Did it on my little laptop, 10" screen, so it was a bit tight).
    Then in one window I had the thread I was creating; the other one had my album where I had just uploaded the pix. I just displayed each image large and dragged it across.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by