Can you tell me if you think these are roosters???

Teresa La

In the Brooder
12 Years
May 24, 2007
I already found out that I have 3 roosters in the bunch (you can see my other post about that,) but now i'm paranoid that the rest are too. I managed to get a few pics of the rest of the flock, they are all 11-12 weeks old.

Chickens032.jpg

Chickens031.jpg

This is another of one of the barred rocks, if that's what they are

Chickens022.jpg

This one is of the 2 americauna's

Chickens035.jpg

Just for fun, this is Gilbert, the guinea, who has turned out to be a girl

Please help ease my fears of having all males. We really want to keep at some of our chickens.

Teresa

only males I see are the black one in the picture with the guinea and the buff colored one in with the guinea walking out of screen on right, but I think those are ones you know are males from your other post, right? anyway atleast you have some females. There are so many breeds out there, if you aren't fond of the barred rocks(per your other post) I say get some new breeds and part with the barred rocks. If you found homes for your roosters, you will have a much easier time finding homes for the females. If you were close to me I would help you out and give you some GAURANTEED females but I doubt you live in northern maine:lol: not many do.

OMG! Thankyou, I was really hoping that I had some girls. About the barred rocks, at this point i'll keep em. I do think though that I might order a few sexed Buff's from ideal. I can order a handful and they are only one state away so the babies should do ok. Yep, that's what i'll do. Maybe i'll have more luck this time.
fl.gif

Teresa

Back
Top Bottom