Can you tell me..... pullet or roo?????? PICS

Guitartists

Resistance is futile
11 Years
Mar 21, 2008
Michigan
Is it too soon to tell? Here's some pics of Gilbert, whom hopefully is more of a Jill-bert LOL

And here's Charli.... I know it's probably too soon to tell......

And here's what I noticed as I was taking these pics!

And, is this common? S/he has one lone white feather on the foot. Will this change with first molt? Or will it always come in white??

And one last question.... if Gil ends up pullet and Charli a roo... will I have to keep them seperate or will Charli be small enough to not hurt Gil?

Cuban Longtails

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast Texas
I dunno... they look like pullets to me. What breed are they? You can also look under the beak area for reddish wattles growing in. If one does end up being a boy, I don't think you will have a problem. Just keep an eye out for signs of over mating (i.e. back feathers being pulled out, feathers missing from the back of the head).

Guitartists

Resistance is futile
11 Years
Mar 21, 2008
Michigan
American pit bull..... but I get that a lot
Hard to say what for sure is in his bloodline... sposed to be full blooded, but I don't have papers

LilPeeps

Songster
13 Years
Jan 13, 2007
SE Mass
So far, the d'uccle looks like a pullet. You'll have to wait at least another 3-4 months before you'll know for sure on the silkie. Cute babies!

hinkjc

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
PA
How old are they? They look too young to sex to me yet.

Jody

silkhope

Songster
12 Years
Apr 30, 2007
Pittsboro, NC
OMGosh, that pic with the dog cracked me up! That's how my dogs look at mine. MMMM, snack!

Charlie and Gil/Jill should be fine together. I would be more worried about Gilbert/Jill-bert... my mille fleurs are much more aggressive than the silkies.

Top Bottom