1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

CAN YOU TELL ME THE BREED ON MY HEN ?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by azzamc, Feb 1, 2012.

1. azzamc

azzamc Out Of The Brooder

Jan 30, 2012
    [​IMG]

WHATS THE BREED :D

2. kari_dawn

kari_dawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    Is that the only picture you have? it is really hard to tell much of anything from it [​IMG]

Can you try for a good profile shot? Also a good head shot...what color earlobes does she have? From that stance, it is hard to tell how her body is built. I would guess blue andalusian, but again, can't tell much from that pic. in other words, need more pics!!! [​IMG]

3. RedPyleLady

RedPyleLady Out Of The Brooder

Jan 24, 2012
    i might say some kind of wyandotte perhaps? idk for sure though maybe a blue andalusion but i know next to nothing about that breed :p

4. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

5. BlazeJester

BlazeJester Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Midway, GA
    She looks hefty to be an andalusian, and blue is such a popular color these days she could really be anything. Blue makes it hard to find other breed traits, as well.

What color eggs does she lay? If I had to guess I'd say she may be a blue Marans. She'd lay a dark brown egg if that's the case.

6. Vamvakas

Vamvakas Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2011
    North Branford, CT
    Almost every breed now can become blue so it's hard to tell.

7. kari_dawn

kari_dawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    I wouldn't say wayandotte simply for the huge single comb...blue orp? Again, a body shot of the bird standing naturally would really help

I mean, I know wyandottes can come with single combs, but that one is quite large, and my single combed wyandottes did not have combs that large.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by