Can you tell me the gender of these 6 babies

15shenyl

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 14, 2012
Yakima Washington
I already know the breeds of these little guys, but I'm only 70% sure of what gender they are. I know the pictures are a little blurry, so if you kneed knew ones just tell me what one you need. There is one face view and one side view of each.
I'm thinking male?

Female? I cant really tell

Female?

Male? I don't want this one to be a male, but I really think it is. I named it Rascal

Female? Its really sweet, I call her Fluffy.

I'm almost positive this one is a female. I call her Sunny.

I already know the breeds of these little guys, but I'm only 70% sure of what gender they are. I know the pictures are a little blurry, so if you kneed knew ones just tell me what one you need. There is one face view and one side view of each.
I'm thinking male? I think this one may be female, depending on its age.

Female? I cant really tell I think male, depending on the bird's age. Those white shoulders concern me.

Female? Female. 100% positive.

Male? I don't want this one to be a male, but I really think it is. I named it Rascal Male, 100% positive.

Female? Its really sweet, I call her Fluffy. Female, 90% positive.

I'm almost positive this one is a female. I call her Sunny. I think this is a cockerel, based on the red coming in on the shoulders and the tail development.

Last edited:
They are all all 7 weeks old. That's sucks most are male, I payed for them to be females. And they all have the correct comb but Sunny does have the wrong comb, it's just hard to tell by the pictures because they are more flat.

Last edited:
I'm thinking male? I think female

Female? I cant really tell. Female maybe??

Female? DEFIANTLY GIRL!!

Male? I don't want this one to be a male, but I really think it is. I named it Rascal. Boy.

Female? Its really sweet, I call her Fluffy. I'm also thinking girl.

I'm almost positive this one is a female. I call her Sunny. Looking boyish.

They are all beautiful birds!!!

Thanks! I really love all my chickens, my eldest are 3 almost 4 years old( they are salmon faverolles) Now I just need to sell the males at the fair this year. I'm the most sad about Rascal, he is the nicest little thing ever! He loves to sit and cuddle. Too bad, I guess you can't change what they are!

Thanks! I really love all my chickens, my eldest are 3 almost 4 years old( they are salmon faverolles) Now I just need to sell the males at the fair this year. I'm the most sad about Rascal, he is the nicest little thing ever! He loves to sit and cuddle. Too bad, I guess you can't change what they are!
Oh yes that is heart breaking!:( I'd hang onto him until "he" either crows or lays so you can be 100% sure:) I'm also dealing with this guessing game! (I have a speckled sussex who I'm worried about her gender also. You can see her at my profile under Boy or Girl??)

Good luck!!

Wyandottes, yeah? They're generally a pretty slow developing breed from what I've heard and my Gold-Laced supports that stance as well. So if they have any wattle or reddening of their combs right now - they're male. My GLW didn't start having her wattles grow until about 15 weeks and even now at 27 weeks, they're a very light, baby pink. They won't turn red on a pullet until they're getting ready to lay, which for Wyandottes is from 30 - 40 weeks, going again by what I've read from other Wyandotte owners and also judging my Wyandotte's development.

So in saying that, I would say that the first one, Rascal and Sunny are all boys. And I'm iffy on the second one, there doesn't seem to be much comb development, but the white patch markings look kindof masculine...

Thanks for everyone's input! They are all so big now and they are all females but Rascal. They haven't started laying but I they should be soon.

Back
Top Bottom