Can you tell me what breed these are?!!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ReddingQuail, Jun 18, 2010.

1. ReddingQuail

ReddingQuail New Egg

Mar 29, 2010
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We picked up 3 hens at the flea market last weekend. Were told they were laying. Ha Ha. Jokes on me! But that's another question for another section of this forum! This past weekend we again made it to the flea market and the lady we bought them from wasn't there. (I think she knew I'd be back to tell her the Chickens were non-productive!) So my attempt to ask her which breed they are was a dud.

Our chicken experience has begun with these three birds, so we are learning from scratch. I don't know if knowing their bread will do us any good, but my husband keeps asking me if I've found out what breed they are, and he's driving me nuts! Does anyone know from my pictures what breed they are?
    Anyone? Anyone?

Thanks!

2. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Going to need closer/better pictures..
    (from those pictures I believe I see a rooster)

Chris

3. Megs

Megs Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    i agree there appears to be a roo in the top left, better photos would be great, cant tell much from those. chickens can quit laying when moved, i have had birds that even just moved to another coop (beside their old coop) and they stopped for weeks, so she did not neccessarily lie/mislead you about that.

4. ReddingQuail

ReddingQuail New Egg

Mar 29, 2010
    Here's a few closer pics.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

5. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    Nankins?

6. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    those are probably New Hampshire. after they molt a couple of times the feathers on the body are lighter than the rest of the bird. How long have you had them ? they may have been molting and have not started laying yet.

7. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    Look like mutts to me, but I could be wrong... One looks gamish, but has white earlobes...

8. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Could be some kind of Dutch...

Chris

9. Tony

Tony Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2008
    Connecticut
    Give them some time to start to lay again, sometimes the "trauma" of moving hens could cause them to stop laying until they have settled into their new home.

10. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    dunno but very pretty birds

congrats on your find youll have a laugh with your new hens' antics

god bless you
    roo

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by