Can you tell me what kind of chickens I have?

MamaFish

Chirping
Jul 28, 2018
These were given to me. The story goes that someone brought these back from England after supposedly paying $100 each for them (14 year-old boy story ;) ), but then gave them away... to my neighbor's sister, who then gave them to my neighbor. My neighbor isn't a chicken enthusiast, she just has chickens to get eggs. She probably couldn't care less what kind of chickens they are. They seemed fancy to her. Her chickens didn't like them, so they were just free ranging in her yard 'til she found out my daughter really wanted chickens. So, I'm told they're about 2 years old and we're they're 4th home! Two of them started laying for us now. We're hoping to get some chicks and build a little flock. I didn't know about chicken breeds 'til I started googling pics. These look like Orpingtons, but the only thing I've seen that looks like mine are something called a Buff Delaware Orpington/Lemon Cuckoo Columbian. Please don't yell at me for using Delaware & Orpington together. I searched that on these forums and saw some folks are particular... with good reason I'm sure :)

Thanks for your help! Sorry for my rambling.

Attachments

• IMGP2887.JPG
    IMGP2887.JPG
    644.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMGP2888.JPG
    IMGP2888.JPG
    686.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMGP2890.JPG
    IMGP2890.JPG
    714.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMGP2893.JPG
    IMGP2893.JPG
    527.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMGP2894.JPG
    IMGP2894.JPG
    690.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMGP2898.JPG
    IMGP2898.JPG
    614.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMGP2899.JPG
    IMGP2899.JPG
    445.4 KB · Views: 26
English Orpingtons (they're much fluffier than the U.S. variety.)

Looks like a few colors—Crele rooster, a hen that might be crele, and a lemon cuckoo hen. The brown hen is partridge.

Wow, three different hens? I saw that one had very little grey in her, and one is much bigger than the other two. What kind of chicks might I end up with?

Wow, three different hens? I saw that one had very little grey in her, and one is much bigger than the other two. What kind of chicks might I end up with?
The colors will be a bit mixed. The Partridge should have a very leaky barred duckwing offspring with the crele. The cuckoo lemon (the gold one with barring) should produce lemon cuckoo chicks, I think. Crele x crele is crele, of course.

Back
Top Bottom