Can you tell me what kind of chicks I am raising from MPC?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by write2caroline, Jul 2, 2010.

1. write2caroline

write2caroline Songster

Jun 21, 2009
    Jacksonville
    [​IMG]

Okay my girls all hatched 6/14 and I was guaranteed at least 5 different varieties, the yellow chicks all looked alike at first but now some are getting brown and others are white> If you click on the thumbprint the picture will get larger.

[​IMG] [/img] Group A - White feathers started out all yellow with yellow feet. Kind of Skittish

[​IMG][/img] Group B All Yellow at first Yellow legs too but now we are getting brown feathers

[​IMG][/img]
    [​IMG] [/img] This is another angle to see of group C - Sort of Amber orange with darker orange chip munk like stripes down our backs
    [​IMG] [/img] Group D
    [​IMG][/img] view of the face for group D
    [​IMG][/img] Group E I only have one of this kind

Any guesses?
    Caroline

Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  2. write2caroline

write2caroline Songster

Jun 21, 2009
    Jacksonville
    I think I have two RIR, Three australopes, one barred rock, I am guessing speckled sussex and the darker ones welsummers? maybe white rocks or leghorns they are bigger than the rest, Maybe the yellow turning brown are Orps?

Any guesses?
    Caroline

3. Chickapooh23

Chickapooh23 Songster

Jan 31, 2009
    Corning OH
    I got assorted eggs once and I spent about 2-3 months trying to figure out what hatch and what I had. It was sorta fun but sometimes very frustrating.

4. mom2jedi

mom2jedi Songster

Aug 12, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Looks like the last one is a barred rock, could be a dominique if it has a rose comb (flat instead of a tiny row of spikes), the ones above that look like australorps. As for all your yellow/brown chicks, I don't see anything that looks RIR - they are very red as chicks. Might be some orps in there, and white rocks or leghorns is likely. I think some of them look like red sex links but I haven't had those so can't say for sure.

Where'd you get them from? They usually tell you what breeds could be in your order or at least MPC does.

5. write2caroline

write2caroline Songster

Jun 21, 2009
    Jacksonville
    These are from the 6/14 hatching of MPC's Cash for cluckers pullet variety.
    Caroline

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by