Can you tell me what Kind of Rooster I am?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by celticravenz, Nov 12, 2010.

1. celticravenz

celticravenz Out Of The Brooder

Nov 12, 2010
    Alaska
    Howdy, I am new to this forum and also raising Layers. Well long story short [​IMG] we were given 7 birds and 4 of them are Leghorn Roo's (pretty sure) but I am not sure what the Hens are of the Multi white colored Roo is, Please help [​IMG] I just can't find what they are. I think the Hens are Welsummers. Thanks
    [​IMG] [​IMG] He does have some feathers on his legs, but they got wet, & his legs are yellow/orangish.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Here are the Hens, what cha think? Welsummers?

Now wondering what the other Roosters are?
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  2. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Can't answer on the hens, would need better pictures. The other roosters don't appear to be leghorns either, just to let you know [​IMG]. The rooster in question, I believe looks like a Brahma cross. Can't answer on what with, perhaps someone else will come along.

-Daniel

3. celticravenz

Nov 12, 2010
    Alaska
    would it help if i made the Pictures bigger?

4. DTchickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Quote:Pictures are fine for me, I just can't really see the head conformation. Comb type? Leg color?

5. celticravenz

Nov 12, 2010
    Alaska
    Thanks DT for the info [​IMG] I have more picture of the Hen with the legs in it... Maybe that could help? They look like a dark gray.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. DTchickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Quote:They look like crosses I think, some will probably come along and say EE, which is quite possible. But man I can't help but continue thinking the front rooster in that photo looks similar to a Kraienkoeppe! He does have some imperfections, but that is a little common with the ones here in the States. I think it would be safe to assume he is the same as the hens, which also I thought resembled the United States Kraienkoeppe's a bit, but they wouldn't be pure. Others can't really help on, look like crosses to me too. But I could be wrong on that.

-Daniel

7. celticravenz

Nov 12, 2010
    Alaska
    Thanks though for the help that you have given me. I'm a newbie and can use all the help I can get with these guys [​IMG]
    Loved your Photo Gallery on you Birds very nice

8. Emmetts Dairy

Emmetts Dairy New Egg

Nov 11, 2010
    New Hampshire
    He definatley look like he's got wyandette in him. I had a boy that was a full wyandette and he looked alot like him. But he looks a mix to me. The others look like they have patridge in them..but mixed??? Hard to say??? Thats my guess's??

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  9. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Chickaloon, Alaska
    Anyone think he might be a Favorelle mix? He does have feathered feet.

10. banjoejoe4783

banjoejoe4783 VILLAMIL FARMS

Oct 6, 2010
    westville ok
    he is not windote . he looks to be brama/leghorn cross?? the hens look like EE the rossters are leghorn crosses of some kind they have the leghorn combs and watells but are the wrong color

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by