Can You Tell Me What These Are?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by LustyWriter09, Mar 28, 2015.

1. LustyWriter09

LustyWriter09 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2014
    New Mexico
    They are bantams, that I know. I got them on March 25th. So they might be 7 or 8 days old. The tricky part is that they were labled mixed bantams! So I am clueless ^-^

They are almost 100% beautiful orangish red all over with a little bit of brown. And on their back is a semi stark contrast black like ( ) almost like a ladybug lol. And one of them has a little bit of yellow in the front or a tad white on the wing tips.

[​IMG]
    The one on the far left and the one on the far right. I guess the picture doesn't quite do them justice becuase they are way more vibrant hewed then the pictures!

[​IMG]

They went nuts with the water as if they never saw it -rolls eyes- I had just refilled them.

Any sugestions would be awesome! Thank You!

2. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    The vibrant orangish red ones are probably Rhode Island Red bantams. I'm not sure about the others, though.

3. LustyWriter09

LustyWriter09 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2014
    New Mexico
    I know that the big orangish red one is a rhode island red (most likely a rooster), and the two cream tinted and black feathered two are golden spangled hamburgs (1 male and 1 female), the other 5 are bantams (4 females and 1 roo 'the black one'). For the bantam breeds- 1 possible very light mille fleur d'uccle female, 1 porcelain d'uccle female, both bearded/muffed. The black one is a possible cochin bantam male, then those two that I couldn't figure out.

Thank you!!! I'll even update on their growth progress!

4. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I agree.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by