Can you tell me what these little chicks are

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by aaronzclark, May 1, 2009.

1. aaronzclark

aaronzclark Chillin' With My Peeps

I thought they were RIR's at first but they have a orange redish color came out of the pullet bin from TSC. here they are

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was thinking MAYBE buff orpingtons but I have never had them so Idk[​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2009
  2. DiVon80

DiVon80 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Pearl River,Louisiana
    The second one for sure a Buff O. [​IMG]

3. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Yellow legs = buff rocks

4. chicken_china_mom

chicken_china_mom Crazy for Cochins

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    I got mine from TSC too. They are Amber sexlink which is a cross between RIR (the dad) and White Leghorn (the mom). I bought three and all three are thriving. When they feather out, no two look exactly the same. At least mine don't. We have Amber, Omelette, and Poachy. For being egg layers they are pretty affectionate and love to be held and snuggled. Poachy is about the sweetest little thing ever. She feathered out first. Amber and Omelette both still look pretty homely. When I went for pullets they were sold out, so i had to get straight run. So either I have two hens and a roo, or I have two roo's and a hen. I like them and if they turn out to be good layers I will go back next year and get a few more.

5. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    orps have white legs, yellow legs could be a few different breeds but I am going to go with texaschickmama and say buff rock also

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by