Can you tell me what these pretty girls are?

SunshineChick

Chirping
15 Years
Apr 8, 2008
Texas
Hi everyone! I am a first time poster; but, I joined several months ago! I have enjoyed reading posts and getting to see how everyone else raises their chickens. I bought 15 chicks in May and I still am not sure what most of them are. I'm hoping someone here can tell me. I only have 11 of the chicks left as one of my rat terriers killed 4 of them in the past month!
sad.png
So, I gave her to a friend who doesn't have chickens and we're all happier. So, what do you think of my girls? I suspect 2 are roos even tho I ordered all pullets. I got them from Ideal.

100_0815.jpg

100_0820.jpg

100_0821.jpg

100_0823.jpg

100_0834.jpg

100_0842.jpg

100_0826.jpg

100_0840.jpg

Hi and Welcome to BYC and congrats on your first post.

The first one has gotta be a Roo, so is the SS Hamburg in the second and third pictures.

The rest look like pullets.

Pic#1 - first thought was buff orp, but orps don't have yellow legs so I will say buff rock cockerel
Pic#2 - 2 black Langshan pullets and 1 silver spangled hamburg cockerel
Pic#3 - Silver Spangled Hamburg cockerel
Pic#4- Silver Spangled Hamburg Pullet
Pic#5,6, 7 - red laced red Cornish pullet
Pic#8 - Black sex-link pullet

Oh dear! I was afraid I had 3 roos! Maybe Ideal will give me credits for them? I probably will keep the buff roo since I have 3 pullets just like him. I have one that looks just like this buff; but, she has a lot of white on her wings and back. Can that be the same or do I need to post a pic of her too? The SS Hamburg that is a roo was one of the ones that my dog killed. He was so pretty........

Thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom