1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Can you tell me what these pretty girls are?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SunshineChick, Jul 3, 2008.

1. SunshineChick

SunshineChick Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2008
    Texas
    Hi everyone! I am a first time poster; but, I joined several months ago! I have enjoyed reading posts and getting to see how everyone else raises their chickens. I bought 15 chicks in May and I still am not sure what most of them are. I'm hoping someone here can tell me. I only have 11 of the chicks left as one of my rat terriers killed 4 of them in the past month! [​IMG] So, I gave her to a friend who doesn't have chickens and we're all happier. So, what do you think of my girls? I suspect 2 are roos even tho I ordered all pullets. I got them from Ideal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    Hi and Welcome to BYC and congrats on your first post.

The first one has gotta be a Roo, so is the SS Hamburg in the second and third pictures.

The rest look like pullets.

3. fancyfowl4ever

fancyfowl4ever Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Cranbrook, BC, Canada
    Pic#1 - first thought was buff orp, but orps don't have yellow legs so I will say buff rock cockerel
    Pic#2 - 2 black Langshan pullets and 1 silver spangled hamburg cockerel
    Pic#3 - Silver Spangled Hamburg cockerel
    Pic#4- Silver Spangled Hamburg Pullet
    Pic#5,6, 7 - red laced red Cornish pullet
    Pic#8 - Black sex-link pullet

4. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    [​IMG]

5. SunshineChick

SunshineChick Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2008
    Texas
    Oh dear! I was afraid I had 3 roos! Maybe Ideal will give me credits for them? I probably will keep the buff roo since I have 3 pullets just like him. I have one that looks just like this buff; but, she has a lot of white on her wings and back. Can that be the same or do I need to post a pic of her too? The SS Hamburg that is a roo was one of the ones that my dog killed. He was so pretty........

Thanks for your help!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by