Can you tell the genders of my 10 week old babies?PICS

PlumTuckered

Crowing
15 Years
Jun 27, 2007
Arkansas
I "think" we've got 1 roo and six gals but I've been wrong many times before LOL
This is the one I believe is my roo, I call him Logan:
2832_chickielogan.jpg

I call this one Megan:
2832_chickiemegan.jpg

a closeup of Megan's beautiful little face
2832_chickiemeganface.jpg

I call this one Penny
2832_chickiepenny2.jpg

These next ones don't have names yet:
No name 1
2832_chickienoname.jpg

No name 2
2832_chickienoname2.jpg

No name 3
2832_chickienoname3.jpg

No name 4
2832_chickienoname4.jpg

Michelle

Last edited:
You are right with the first one - Definately a roo.

The rest look like pullets to me! Congrats. You have some gorgeous girlies and a handsome boy
wink.png

Thank you ChickenWhisperer!
A friend gave me the 7 eggs and we hatched them out here in the house. We then built a brooder and kept them in the house until they were almost 3 weeks old. They still think I'm Mamma and come running and fly up on me when I enter the chicken yard LOL Makes it much easier to give them treats without the teens and older chickens swiping them from the babies.

Michelle

oh yikes, really? Well if it is, my friend will be getting him for her chicken yard. Dang, I was really hoping I wouldn't have to rehome any of these ones.

Michelle

I was thinking they all looked like pullets accept for the first and last one. The last one is hard to tell though - you can't really see the comb, but what you can see does looks more on the reddish side.

They are VERY pretty! Congrats!!!

Logan (the first one) is the only one with an actual comb that sticks up. All of the others are flat and very pale in color.
The last photo, that baby was just starting to run after a bug and I couldn't get a clear shot. I'll try to get another shot of it today.

Michelle

Back
Top Bottom