can you tell the sexes of these.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by dragontamer56, Jun 11, 2011.

1. dragontamer56

dragontamer56 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2011
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. 6Chickens&counting

6Chickens&counting Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2011
    Look for long tail feather and pointed feathers on the body, another feature is the comb (The red thing on the head) Usually with males it progresses a lot faster and is bright red. Males also have a little bumps on the inside of both their legs. (Maybe the outside) They are also a lot larger....

Hope this helps a little [​IMG]

3. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    You cant really go by the little bumps on the legs. These are called spurs and both roosters and hens can get these.

How old are your chickens? It is hard to guess gender without an age. They all look like pullets so far except for the chick in the 2nd pic, it looks a little rooish to me. I could be wrong. But without an age it is really hard to tell. [​IMG]

4. TeriyakiChicken

TeriyakiChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2011
    Western Australia
    do you have SL and GL Wyandottes?

5. dragontamer56

dragontamer56 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2011
    yes i have one of each. adn they are 9 weeks old.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  6. TeriyakiChicken

TeriyakiChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2011
    Western Australia
    Quote:Okay cause I don't know much about the others but I know quite a bit about SL and GL Wyandottes.
    Both Wyandottes look like girls to me.
    Good Luck!

This is my SLW roo at about 4 or 5 weeks old. He took a lot longer to feather out than my hens. He also has really big feet!
    [​IMG]

Here he is again at about 17/18 weeks. It might help you get a bit of an idea of what they will start to look like if they are roosters.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by