Can you tell what breed I have?

L_and_Afarm_momma

In the Brooder
Mar 5, 2021
Chipley, Florida
I acquired these cuties last night but have no clue what they are. Can anyone tell? I know with them still be small it may be hard to tell.
I am not worried with gender yet. Just curious to breed.
Thanks!
71A0CEDD-09DE-4A06-A855-6862EB334761.jpeg
8DEF359F-D417-4E86-AEC6-99952A00CF02.jpeg
639D3FD8-18F3-4911-AE6F-913CB5C09400.jpeg
D3A6DA41-1D91-437F-838E-2EA0D1D4D220.jpeg

.... which is not truly a breed by the way. Red and Black Sex links are hybrids, and were created for producing copious amounts of eggs. The reds are from either a RIR roo / New Hampshire Red roo and Leghorn hen or Delaware hen - the blacks are from RIR roo / New Hampshire Roo and a barred rock hen.

I agree with red and black sex link pullets mostly - not certain about that last chick's breed and gender.

.... which is not truly a breed by the way. Red and Black Sex links are hybrids, and were created for producing copious amounts of eggs. The reds are from either a RIR roo / New Hampshire Red roo and Leghorn hen or Delaware hen - the blacks are from RIR roo / New Hampshire Roo and a barred rock hen.
I was just reading about that. I have no experience with these yet. This is my actual full first year with chickens. So far I have Easter Eggers, Barred Rocks, Olive Eggers, and Red Laced Wyandottes. Fifteen total hens was my goal, with these new additions they will bring me to 20 total :confused: and I still want some marans.

I was just reading about that. I have no experience with these yet. This is my actual full first year with chickens. So far I have Easter Eggers, Barred Rocks, Olive Eggers, and Red Laced Wyandottes. Fifteen total hens was my goal, with these new additions they will bring me to 20 total :confused: and I still want some marans.
Don’t you just love chicken math?

Back
Top Bottom