Can you tell what colors these OEGB's are?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Riocotesei, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Riocotesei

Riocotesei Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2008
    N.Texas
    I bought these little cuties today, I'm under the impression they are OEGB's but I may even be wrong about that. Lol. Anywho, if they are OEGB's can anyone tell what colors they are? They came from Ideal Hatchery if that helps any. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

oops i forgot to resize the 3rd one, sorry about that guys

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  2. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    I would suggest going to their site and looking at the OEGB chicks, I think they have like 40 varieties so it could be anything.

3. CindyS

CindyS Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    Geneseo, Illinois
    OMG Ive never seen spots like that on a chick! what a cutie! chick #2 is most likely a OEGB but not a clue about the other 2[​IMG] I know they do have ALOT of OEGB colors!

4. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

The 2nd one might be a black breasted red.

5. tileman@prodigBird Raiser

[email protected] Raiser Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2008
    The second one is a fawn duckwing old english. The 3rd could be a pearl.

6. Riocotesei

Aug 15, 2008
    N.Texas
    Thanks for the replies! [​IMG] Theres just something that draws me to bantys, esp. all the colors OEGB come in.
    The fawn/red one is soo tiny, I worry about her but she holds her own. What scares me, is with my luck all but one will be roosters. [​IMG]
    I'm probably going to get some more next week cause the guy I got them from had a bantam assortment and I'm hoping he has some frizzles in there.

7. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    [email protected] Raiser :

The second one is a fawn duckwing old english. The 3rd could be a pearl.

I agree that the second is one is most likely a fawn silver duckwing. Ideal has a lot of varieties of OEGBs and that is where most feed stores get their chicks from. Check www.ideal-poultry.com. Click on Bantams and then on Old English and start looking through the varieties. If you click on one, it will show an adult picture and a chick picture.​

8. Riocotesei

Aug 15, 2008
    N.Texas
    Oh this guy isn't a feed store, he strictly selld chickens ans chicks from his home. also, I have a hard time viewing the Ideal site because I have dial up. Some sites just slow down and kill the internet. I tried, but It would take me forever.

9. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Quote:?????

10. Riocotesei

Aug 15, 2008
    N.Texas
    The guy orders thousands of chicks from there. He resells them to oter people like me, and the ones he doesn't sell he grows out and sells as laying hens or dinner roos.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by