1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Can you tell what could be wrong with this guy??

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by im4blue2, Apr 19, 2016.

1. im4blue2

im4blue2 New Egg

May 27, 2015
    [​IMG]
    If I could figure out how to upload video I would post that and you could see how he clearly is not walking right. Barely puts weight on the one leg which you can see looks odd in the picture?

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Welcome to BYC. He is walking or sitting on his hocks or elbows, which could be do to an injury or from a vitamin B2 riboflavin deficiency. Can he move his toes and both legs? Was he vaccinated for Mareks disease? I would put some poultry vitamins in his water, and there are many brands at feed stores, but make sure it contains riboflavin, since Poultry NutriDrench does not. I would get them right away, or give him human BComplex or a food high in riboflavin. Beef liver, chopped lean red meats, plain yogurt, mushrooms, and broccoli are high in B2.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  3. im4blue2

im4blue2 New Egg

May 27, 2015
    Thanks for your input. I have separate as of last night and will monitor his progress. I believe I have some vitamins I can give him as well as yogurt and broccoli.

Thanks again! I'm hoping that a few days of rest is just what he needs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by