Can you tell what possilble breed/breeds?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Mommysongbird, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Mommysongbird

Mommysongbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011
    Small Town, Virginia
    This is Flicka and she is our sweetie chick, she loves to be held and patted and talked to and I would love to know what she might be?

Also, is she a she since her feathers have a green shine to them now? She is 8 weeks old.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

She looks like an Easter Egger.

3. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    She appears to be a black australorp to me. They do have a green shine to their feathers so that doesnt necessarily mean you have a roo.

4. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

sunny & the 5 egg layers :

She appears to be a black australorp to me. They do have a green shine to their feathers so that doesnt necessarily mean you have a roo.

She has muffs [​IMG] So not a BA, but she does remind me of my EE/BA cross (still called an EE):
    [​IMG]

5. Lovable Chicks

Lovable Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2010
    Looks like my 'Blacky" which is a EE and lays a blue egg

[​IMG]

6. Mommysongbird

Mar 17, 2011
    Small Town, Virginia
    Okay

Well I know that there is EE somewhere with ALL of our 10 chicks, some show signs (the legs) others don't. We got our eggs from 2 different families and they both told me that they had EE roos and EE hens but there were other roos and hens as well. Some of our blue/green eggs hatched, but I don't remember who came from what egg.

Our other one that is suppose to be an EE x too is totally different. She's the one in the middle and she is kinda mean very skiddish too and her brother/sister (in 3rd pic) is the same way.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. sevenbabychicks

sevenbabychicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2010
    Saint Paul, MN
    Quote:Whoa, the red/black one is a rooster!

8. Mommysongbird

Mar 17, 2011
    Small Town, Virginia

In the 3rd pic??

9. sevenbabychicks

sevenbabychicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2010
    Saint Paul, MN

In the 3rd pic??

I just realized that there are two different red/black EEs that look similar to one another - and they both really look like roos to me. In that last photo set they're in both the first and third pics.

10. Mommysongbird

Mar 17, 2011
    Small Town, Virginia
    Quote:In the 3rd pic??

I just realized that there are two different red/black EEs that look similar to one another - and they both really look like roos to me. In that last photo set they're in both the first and third pics.

I hope that you are talking about the two with the BIG combs and not the one in the middle of the first picture. The one in the middle is suppose to be a pullet (I HOPE) that is Buffy and the one in front of her is Xander the one in the back is Itty Bitty aka Tiny (he WAS our little one that got stuck in his shell). We KNOW that Itty Bitty is a roo, he has already crowed, but Xander hasn't done anything. And there is not a lot of signs other than his comb.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by