Can you tell what this chick is?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by 3rocksandme, Aug 6, 2010.

1. 3rocksandme

3rocksandme Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2010
    Brookline, NH
    She came from MyPetChicken and is supposed to be a NH Red but all her wing feathers coming in are pure white. I browsed through the breeds they offer but didn't see anything that really stuck out. Any ideas on what she could be?
    [​IMG]

2. sherrydeanne

sherrydeanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Are her legs really greenish? If the cheeks are as poofy as they appear and she has greenish legs and a pea comb, it's an EE. A frontal shot in brighter light would help.

3. 3rocksandme

Jul 23, 2010
    Brookline, NH
    I'll have to try to take a pic outside. Her chicks aren't big, she's kind of skinny. She looked just like the NH Reds at first until their feathers were coming in brown and hers snow white. I think her legs are yellow. Poor Ponyo is nervous little thing and doesn't appreciate the photo shoots but I will try to get another and better picture. I am nervous since we live in New England. I don't want a bird that isn't cold weather hardy.

We did order 3 EEs and I thought we only got 2, and called and complained (oops). I didn't know an EE could be white. Here is another picture, not sure if this one is any better.

[​IMG]

4. 3rocksandme

Jul 23, 2010
    Brookline, NH
    Thank you! You were right, I have no idea how you could tell that given that picture but her legs are green and her cheeks are puffy.

5. kylara70

kylara70 Out Of The Brooder

May 13, 2010
    EE can definitely be White. I have 4 and yours looks like mine. [​IMG] Enjoy. They are generally flighty birds (white EE) in my opinion but I am new to chickens.

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Ee.

7. dolly85

dolly85 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2010
    Some of my EE chicks from Ideal came to me as yellow little chickies. I only knew they were EE because they had the green legs and puffy cheeks!!! With two of them their feathers started to come in white, but ended up as a red/blue splash. Ohhhh they are so purty! They can come in any color you can imagine. [​IMG]

8. AnimalLady123

AnimalLady123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    At the computer
    BEAUTIFUL!!!!! [​IMG]

9. BlueCamas

BlueCamas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    Looks like an EE to me :) going to be a pretty one too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by