1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Can you top my day?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by chilling in muscadine, Aug 22, 2008.

1. chilling in muscadine

chilling in muscadine { I love being disfunctual }

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    After doing my morning walk through checking on all my coop's I collected my mail and some grape's from my vine's to eat while I watch a movie. I never sit and relax during the day but decided to today. I dropped some grape's and my two dog's that lick my shoe's got into a fight over them. Upon breaking the fight up I got bit on my left arm. The dog's are pitt bull and blue heeler mix. It happened at 10:00 this morning. I didn't go to the emergency room but now I realize that was a mistake. Everytime I move a finger or muscle the wound's start to bleed. It's almost 12 hour's since it happened. After putting all my chicken's to bed tonight and returning to the house I walked down my hallway and I have a pull cord to turn off the light and there was a bee on the cord and I got stung on my right thumb and I,m allergic. I have no feeling in either hand. WHAT NEXT??????[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. chickens4jojo

chickens4jojo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    Go to the ER now!!! You could accidently bleed during the night & it could be very serious if your don't realize it right away??

Oh my....youv'e had a terribly hard day. Please take care of yourself.

Keep us posted!

3. Linda in San Diego

Linda in San Diego Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    San Diego
    How allergic are you? Wow, what a day. I would be concerned about a wound that does not stop bleeding and starts with movement. I hope you put a good dressing on it at the least. Is there someplace you can call or go to for assistance?

Take care!

4. DixieDame67

DixieDame67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2008
    Jonesbourgh Tennessee
    seek help soon but i think i can top your day....On my way to work my car blew up i coasted into a gas station , spoke to someone with broken english, PLEASE don't tow my car , walked the rest of the way to work, .....toilet decided to malfunction so i had to stick a cheese grater under the ball to keep water from running continously ....WHATS NEXT????? But i still have chickens to Love, makes it all worthwhile..............sorta:eek:

5. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

WOW and I thought my day was bad! Hope all is well and that things are better tomorrow!

6. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

I will not complain about stepping in dog poo this morning...

7. krcote

krcote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Concord, NH
    besides going to the ER for yourself- grapes can be toxic to dogs! so if you notice anything strange with them- better get them checked!
    GOOD LUCK- GET BETTER!!!

8. Ugly Cowboy

Ugly Cowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2008
    Corn, OK
    Dang! That sounds like a heck of a day.

9. chilling in muscadine

chilling in muscadine { I love being disfunctual }

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    [​IMG] The bleeding finally stopped. I think I'm going to make it. The dog's that were fighting turned 9 month's old yesterday. I'll have to seperate them now so that mean's one of them will have to go outside and live. This will be a tough decision to make because I love both of them. I know it's breed in these dog's to fight but I wasn't expecting it this soon. I have 3 full blooded pitt bull's and none of them started this behavior that early. Well at least I'll have something to think about all night while I'm elevating my arm and dealing with the trobbing pain. Maybe I'll let them take turn's living in the fence. It's going to break there heart's too because we have been together since they were born. [​IMG] I wonder if my chick's felt neglected today because I only petted them instead of holding them?????

10. LilBizzy

LilBizzy Chicken Storyteller

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    Sorry to hear about your day. But don't ever ask "What Next".. I found out the hard way that if you ask..
    I had a 2 week from H-E- double hockey sticks once.
    In summary- had arm surgery. Thought it was gonna be fairly simple- Threw up during surgery. Ended up being cut from wrist almost to elbow. Got dressing removed, came out of doctors, car had gotten towed. Had to walk from one side of Philadelphia to the other. Got home, hand therapist said I needed to be in cast. Next morning, back to Philly ( over an hour drive) to get cast on. 2 days later, Back to Philly to get cast removed and new one put on properly. Given pain killers.
    Found out next morning, due to hives and difficulty breathing that Im allergic to pain killers. A few days later,Finally feeling better, take daughters car to store. Get flat tire. Change flat tire. Spare is flat. Walk home. ( remember, Im in a cast)
    Several days later, borrow sisters car. Hurricaine was coming. Get flat tire. Go to change tire( still in a cast, with a strange sense of Deja Vu).. jack breaks, car falls.( Thankfully not on me)
    So, I sit in my room, and I say.. What more could go wrong?
    And my daughter comes downstairs with a big piece of something in her hand. I say.." Whats that?"
    and she says.... " My cieling"

I did the only thing I could think of.. I laughed till I cried.
    Whenever I get a chance, I tell the long version of this story..because it seems to make people feel better.

I hope you feel better. Sorry about your dogs.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by