can young chciks get treats?

Build them a little run area, nice and safe outside.... they'll find grass and eat dirt, and you can give them some fine/small cut up veggies or something.

JeensPeeps your right!

Plain yogurt = Happy Chicks

Throw in some crushed honey nut cherrios and they will be eating out of your hands. Or more like trying to eat your hands.
gig.gif

My DH went out to give are crickets some cherrios and he dropped some and are 5 week old pullets grabbed them but had a hard time breaking them up. So I thought they would get soft in some yogurt.

My girls never let me touch them before. Well next time I went to pet them they were glad to great my hand with a quick once over for some food! Even had them sitting in my lap with out trying to kill themselves.
ya.gif

Quote:
Besides being something that chickens enjoy as a treat, yogurt is also very good for their digestive system. If you have chicks whose poo is getting a little runny from the heat, which does happen, the yogurt combats that as well.
wink.png

Hard boiled egg yolks went over really big with my little ones. The whites not as much, although they did eat them up pretty well yesterday when I chopped up the white first and when that was gone I gave them the crumbled yolks.

Back
Top Bottom