canada 'eh? got ducks ?

What province? I know a feed store near me in Ontario sells FFM Muscovy Duck Feed. I have no idea about duck food or their requirements so I've got no clue if muscovies require different nutrients from other ducks or what.

What province? I know a feed store near me in Ontario sells FFM Muscovy Duck Feed. I have no idea about duck food or their requirements so I've got no clue if muscovies require different nutrients from other ducks or what.
thank you, I found FFM online and sent them a question about deliveries. They have retailers in Ontario, but no other province. I may have to become a distributor to get the darn feed ;) Thanks again for your help, very much appreciated.

thank you, I found FFM online and sent them a question about deliveries. They have retailers in Ontario, but no other province. I may have to become a distributor to get the darn feed ;) Thanks again for your help, very much appreciated.
Oh no - I'm in Quebec as well and was thinking about adding ducks. I didn't realize how hard it would be to get feed....

Oh no - I'm in Quebec as well and was thinking about adding ducks. I didn't realize how hard it would be to get feed....
look for the food first. Purina Canada doesn't seem to sell duck food.

Check their website and you'll see the product number for duck food is the same as the one as for chickens. When store owners ask the sales rep tells them that the chicken laying food is fine for laying ducks. Say that on BYC and see the messages EXPLODE about the nutritional requirements.

I eventually tried giving nutritional yeast and one of the ducks got sick shortly after and then died (I don't know it was the yeast, but she was fine before and I see nothing else, I keep rolling every detail in my head, I can't come up with any other change/illness)

If you find something please post here, and I will update if I find anything. :(

Back
Top Bottom