1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Canada Goose Hatching Eggs

Discussion in 'Other Poultry - Birds & Hatching Eggs' started by Chriswardens52, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Chriswardens52

Chriswardens52 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2011
    DuckVille Montana
    I am looking to get some canada goose eggs. If you have any and are willing to sell please contact me.

2. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    I have Canadian geese
    They havent started laying yet though :(

3. Chriswardens52

Apr 21, 2011
    DuckVille Montana
    Well if and when they do let me know please?????

4. duck&chickencrazy

duck&chickencrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2008
    Indiana
    me too!!!

5. urjtobreed

urjtobreed Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2011
    I am also looking for Canada hatching eggs.

6. I Heart Chicks

I Heart Chicks Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2012
    Illinois
    Arent Canada Geese protected under the Migratory Bird Protection Act? I think you need a Federal permit to possess these birds....

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  7. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    down here you can buy babys at the flea martket for $30 ea.
    Had 2 hens that I had for a while ended up buying 3 babys this last year all are males.

8. Frosty

Frosty Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    ND
    I would check the laws... I do believe all states require a permit. Just because they sell them, that doesn't mean you don't need a permit to possess them. It is the buyers responsibility to make sure they have all required permits. I know of someone who was selling some a few years ago in FL, I asked and he said he has a permit (and gave me his permit number). Here in ND, I know of someone who would sell, but don't know if it was legal. If the state folks here catch you with them they will confiscate and destroy them (and fine you).

9. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Your best bet is to call your local Fish and Game. Regulations can vary greatly depending upon location.

10. Chriswardens52

Apr 21, 2011
    DuckVille Montana
    It is alright I have found some. And don't worry we have all the required paperwork. Here in Montana you don't need a permit to own them unles ou have more than 5. Then you must get a permit. And I do have the permit to sell them and offspring. Thanks a ton though!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by