CANADA heads to the Polls Oct 14.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by LittleChickenRacingTeam, Oct 10, 2008.

1. LittleChickenRacingTeam

LittleChickenRacingTeam On vacation

Jan 11, 2007
    Ontario, CANADA
    Our Federal Election to elect a Prime Minister is next week. I've read a lot here lately on the upcoming American election.

Since us CANUCKS are a polite nation, lets see if we can keep this civil. I'm looking for input from my fellow CANADIANS, but feel free to comment even if you can't understand our political system. Heck, I don't think I understand our system.

We have 3 main parties.

The Conservatives who are currently in power, the Liberals who want to regain power, & the NDP (New Democratic Party) who keep wishing they had the power.

Then there is the party Bloc Quebecois who if elected would probably seperate from CANADA.

Then there is the Green party, who are pro environment but never garner many votes.

What is really neat is all the FRINGE Parties we have. They seem to be the most fun & while they will NEVER get elected it's always nice to see that CANADA really does offer FREEDOM OF CHOICE when it comes to casting a ballot. We have.....

Christian Heritage
    Marxist-Leninist
    Libertarian
    Communist
    Canadian Action
    Progressive Canadian
    Marijuana
    Neorhino
    First Peoples National
    Animal Alliance Environment Voters
    Newfoundland and Labrador First
    People's Political Power
    Western Block
    Work Less

I think I might run in the next election.

I'm going to call my party the CHICKEN ALLIANCE

2. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    well here in America we do have more than 2 chioces,just most don't know cause the media favors the democrats and republicans.
    the chioces are
    The Libertarian Party has nominated former Congressman Bob Barr, the Constitution Party has nominated pastor and radio talk show host Chuck Baldwin, and the Green Party has nominated former Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney. Ralph Nader declined to seek the Green Party nomination and is running as an independent candidate.

3. LittleChickenRacingTeam

Jan 11, 2007
    Ontario, CANADA
    See, this is the input I was looking for. I always thought the American system consisting of ONLY 2 parties....Democrats & Rebublicans.

I had no idea that there was minority parties as well.

I learned something today. This is Good.

4. Chickee's Mom

Chickee's Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2007
    Lacombe AB
    Well then I am going to run too, I think I would like to be the Turkey Allowance

5. LittleChickenRacingTeam

Jan 11, 2007
    Ontario, CANADA
    Chickee's Mom :

Well then I am going to run too, I think I would like to be the Turkey Allowance

We could team up as the POULTRY PARTY​

6. Dodgegal79

Dodgegal79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2007
    Princeton BC Canada
    I'm working as a Registration Officier at the election office in town on Tuesday. At the trianing session they gave us a package with stuff we would need. In there was stickers listing the parties you have on the list above for the representatives if they show up to wear. I never knew we had all those. LOL. I think a Chicken Alliance Party would go over good.

7. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    Then there is always the possible scenario of a two party coalition if none of the three majors can form a majority government. That is where I am leaning at the moment.

8. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    One of my favorite podcasts is the Chris Future Show.

Chris is a Liberatian and a Canadian who works in Silicone Valley
    and basically rants about politics with a headset on while driving to
    work. I've enjoyed listening to him.

Amercian Liberatians line up with the Republican party because a
    smaller government is their main goal. They are however isolationists
    in general.

9. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    A little bit of isolation and taking care of our own people first wouldn't be such a bad thing in Canada or the U.S.

10. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Quote:We could team up as the POULTRY PARTY

Poultry Party got my vote!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by