Canada --> Ontario --> Kingston Area

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by mpopovits, Jan 9, 2013.

1. mpopovits

mpopovits New Egg

Jan 3, 2013
    Kingston, ON (Sydenham)
    Recently posted the below in the Ontario thread...but I figure Ontario is really quite big...so here's a new thread for those in the Kingston Area.

Hi all,
    I'm from the Kingston area (Sydenham). Got my first 10 month old chickens Nov 25 (Kijiji). Got a second hand coop the same day also from Kijiji. Both are setup in our hoop house. Recently got a second hand incubator (kijiji, again) and am ready to start incubating. Have plans in the works to either borrow a rooster or get some fertile eggs from a neighbour. Looking forward to hatching our very first chicks this winter and showing our kids "how it's done".

2. tanyasweet

tanyasweet Out Of The Brooder

Hello!!
    I'm from Lyndhurst, Ontario. I'm 45 minutes north from Kingston. My farm is Swiftwind Farms. We are primarily cash crop and hay producers. I wanted chickens so this is a new venture for us. I looking forward to meeting everybody.

3. mpopovits

mpopovits New Egg

Jan 3, 2013
    Kingston, ON (Sydenham)
    A week ago I hatched chicks for the very first time. They are so cute. I sold most of them on kijiji but kept 4 and am getting ready to start another batch. Chicks are fun and adorable.

4. hlabelle30

hlabelle30 New Egg

Nov 3, 2013
    Kingston, ON, Canada
    Hey! Just joined BYC, living downtown 'hub' Kingston and wanted to say hi to others in the area! Still ironing out the details but getting very excited!

HL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by