Canada

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by wasson54, Jan 16, 2009.

1. wasson54

wasson54 New Egg

Jan 13, 2009
    I s there anyone out there in Northern British Columbia like the Cariboo?

2. william9792

william9792 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    graham, nc
    just want to say [​IMG] from Graham, NC, USA

3. 2468Chickensrgr8

2468Chickensrgr8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    Ontario
    Hello Fellow Canuck !!! Welcome to BYC....theres a Canadian thread on Where am I Where are you....you may have some luck if you scroll down ....

4. Zoomom

Zoomom Certified Cackleberry Consumer

Jan 22, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    I'm in Ontario....no chickens yet. I'm trying to find out if our city by-law has changed recently as I can no longer find the "no poultry" reference. I doubt it, but you never know.

5. 2468Chickensrgr8

Nov 7, 2007
    Ontario
    EH! Zoomom [​IMG] ! and good luck in finding out if you can have chickens.....sometimes it all depends on your neighbours....if you knopw what i mean...ha ha ha !!

6. Zoomom

Jan 22, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Hello,
    I have a neighbor who would complain...they complained about my dog barking when he doesn't bark more than 3 times and we stop him or bring him inside and I know for a fact it was the other neighbor's dog barking as that neighbor lets the dog bark non-stop when she is outside.
    And this complainer has 5 dogs themselves (over the limit of 3) and an insecure fence they keep escaping from and the one big dog growls and barks when people are in their own back yards.
    Plus their screaming crying fighting kids and squeeky trampoline and loud music all summer.
    So unless they were legal, I know I'd have a problem.
    Unfortunately I just found out I can't have chickens legally. I'm posting in the law section about that.
    I'm very sad now.

7. 2468Chickensrgr8

Nov 7, 2007
    Ontario
    Ah Gee ! I am so sorry to hear that....dont give up ..check further...I think there are some other people from Oshawa here also...as for you neighbours....grrrrrr!!!!

8. Zoomom

Jan 22, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Hey, Thanks for the encouragement. I don't know what to do. I don't want them taken away, but I don't know how to stop them announcing they are laying an egg. Do I need a soundproof coop???
    Otherwise maybe I can board a few girls somewhere. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by