Canadians hail me with your wisdom! (other travellers too!)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by becc, Dec 16, 2012.

1. becc

becc Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2010
    on a chair
    Hey it's been along time since been on threads but I would like some help. I'm an aussie and next year I'll be travelling to the bottom of Ontario.
    Do have some tips, insight, information, help or your own personal favourites?
    Cheers ^-^

2. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    Niagara falls? Marine land I'm about an hour and half+ from Toronto, what part of On will you be in? That would probably help me narrow it down, also what are you interested in doing/seeing.

3. becc

becc Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2010
    on a chair
    Probably areas near Ottawa or Totonto though I love architecture, would rather not see much of the expansive cities. I mind don't hiking and I was uming and ah-ing to whether I would see Niagara Falls ( mostly because huge amount of commercial tourist detracts from beauty and rawness of a place, perhaps like many other beautiful natural landmarks I have seen)

4. MeatKing

MeatKing Chillin' With My Peeps

The St. Lawernce Sea way, has tons of nice old buildings..

If you google Fort Wellignton Prescott Ontario.. It will bring up info.. on the war of 1812, where, they actually sent the people away on boats to Austrila (Sorry) but a neat piece of history..

Then if you travel the number #2 highway, you will see all our old buildings ect.

Also when you get here, go to one of our tourist places. (They give out, a book with free coupons to everyone in Ontario ) i get one every year :) They will give you maps, look up info/prices for you.

I would play it by ear, if you don't want to go to all the touristy spots..

When are you coming? Are you traveling with kids, or just you, or other adults.. Did you want to camp? stay in B & B or hotels? Rent a car and go

I can look into more info for you :)

5. becc

becc Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2010
    on a chair
    I may meet up with friend, but mostly just my lonesome [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by