Cancelled Cackle order

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by kees, Jun 1, 2008.

1. kees

kees Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    Well, after placing an internet order a month ago with Cackle and still not receiving anything through the snail mail or being able to get more than a busy signal on the phone, I have cancelled my order with them. It's too bad because I really wanted the birds and have been very patient. I wrote that in the future they might consider posting the waiting times for people who want to place orders. Had I known that I'd be in Cackle limbo for so long, I would've used another hatchery and not wasted my time. :thun

2. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    You might want to make sure that they do cancel your order. I have heard of people cancelling their orders and their credit cards still getting charged and the chicks still getting shipped. I would demand a cancellation confirmation number, letter, or something. Good luck and sorry about your order. I know how frustrating that is. It happened to me in May from Cackle. [​IMG]

3. kees

Feb 5, 2008
    How can I ensure that the order is cancelled when I've already sent an email and I can't through the phone lines? What should I do?

4. CarlaRiggs

CarlaRiggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Kees,

Call your credit card company and explain the situation to them.
    Generally the co. will contact the business with whom you're having trouble. When the credit card bank calls, the business will listen. [​IMG]

Carla

5. FrontPorchIndiana

FrontPorchIndiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    That's too bad, we just received our order from them on Friday. The chicks are the most healthy and active I've ever seen! Bouncing around in the brooder like ping-pong balls. They even threw in an extra. I didn't have any problem at all with my order. I ordered online, waited for my confirmation, then they arrived exactly on the day they said they would. The process is lengthy but worth it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
  6. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    Why don't you try welp. I got chicks from them this year and the chicks are fluffy, fat and very docile chicks. They run to the brooder when they see me coming and some will try to jump in my hands just so they can be held. I'm not sure the waiting time, it was about 2-3 weeks last time i checked. You even get to talk to a live person! Imagine that!

7. equine chick

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    I just checked their website and some chicks such as standard egg layer pullets (such as rir) you can get as early as june 16. If you want some of the rarer chicks such as welsummers or marans you have to wait til july 7.

8. ncgnance

ncgnance Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Iredell County, NC
    I ordered my chicks from welp, 24 assorted pullets, 1 rooster. I got 7 roos, total in the order. I can see maybe 2 or 3, but I think that was a bit much.

9. equine chick

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    I got extra roos too, but they marked them all with a red marker on their head. I got five extra but in the breeds i ordered roos in so I was okay with that. Whatever extra roos I have I will probally sell them in our poultry auction we have at our county fair in sept. All chicks sell fast, roos or not especially in special breeds.

10. kees

Feb 5, 2008
    Wouldn't you know it! The day after I cancelled my order via the Internet I received a letter from Cackle stating that the order I placed a MONTH ago would be shipped out on June 27th. I called my credit card company and was told to refuse the order. So I went to the post office, gave my info, and asked them to do that. What's the most frustrating is that I still can't get through to them on the phone and they never responded to my email. Two months is unacceptable to wait. Though I understand that their chicks are healthy, Cackle really needs to get their act together! [​IMG]:mad::rant

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by