Cancelling hatchery order.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by wdeployedwife1, Jun 9, 2011.

1. wdeployedwife1

wdeployedwife1 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 14, 2009
    Crossville, TN
    Hello everyone! I have a bit of a setback and could use some advice. I ordered some ducklings today from Meyer Hatchery, and well...me and my husband weren't on the same page about getting them now, so looks like I need to cancel. I went to call, and they were closed, but I got to reading the return policy. They said you can't cancel 2 weeks prior to a hatch, and mine are due to hatch June 20, 2011. Am I stuck between a rock and a hard spot or do they normally make you wait until a couple of days prior? If anyone is familiar with this scenario, I would appreciate it!

Thanks!

Tiffany

2. buckabucka

buckabucka Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2010
    Fairfield, Maine
    My Coop
    I don't know about their cancellation policy, but if you can't back out, maybe you could sell them? (craigslist)

3. Chickiebabyfluff

Chickiebabyfluff Yappette in Training

Apr 13, 2011
    NorthEastern Ohio
    Quote:i would still call them in the morning and see if you can't cancel. Since you just placed your order today you should be ok with canceling. Explain your situation tht you are unable at this time to order . i am certain they would work with you on tht i do not think they will make you take something tht you no longer want.

4. wdeployedwife1

Dec 14, 2009
    Crossville, TN
    I wouldn't have the heart to sell. them. lol The hubs would have to live with it. I'm going to call them in the morning, but I was just wondering if anyone ever dealt with Meyer and cancellations.

5. Thomas423

Thomas423 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Port Deposit, MD
    Are you still planning on getting them in the future?
    They might be more willing to work with that.
    Good luck

6. wdeployedwife1

Dec 14, 2009
    Crossville, TN
    Thanks for the input. I will surely call them in the morning. I have ordered from them before, and I hope they are understanding.

7. Chickiebabyfluff

Chickiebabyfluff Yappette in Training

Apr 13, 2011
    NorthEastern Ohio
    Quote:i haven't dealt with meyer but have with mcmurrary Hatchery. I had to have unexpected surgery and was looking at 6-8 weeks recovery i was 2 weeks away from shipment and they canceled with no issue Good luck and let us know how it goes. Hubby would prolly end up fallin in love with them once he gets to know them any how :eek:) Duckies have a way of wiggling right into your heart

8. Spires6

Spires6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Ohio
    I have dealt with Meyer Hatchery and they are very easy to get along with. If you call first thing tomorrow and explain I am pretty certain they will let you cancel. I went there Monday and they were having a sale on brown egg laying pullet chicks that I couldn't resist and they let me cancel my previous order although it is a little longer to hatch date than you are. Can't hurt to try. Good luck!

9. wdeployedwife1

Dec 14, 2009
    Crossville, TN
    Quote:We definately want them in the future, but apparently, my husband didn't think right now was a good idea.

10. wdeployedwife1

Dec 14, 2009
    Crossville, TN
    Quote:i haven't dealt with meyer but have with mcmurrary Hatchery. I had to have unexpected surgery and was looking at 6-8 weeks recovery i was 2 weeks away from shipment and they canceled with no issue Good luck and let us know how it goes. Hubby would prolly end up fallin in love with them once he gets to know them any how :eek:) Duckies have a way of wiggling right into your heart

He wants them just as bad as I do! lol He's not foolin' me! He would like to get the rest of the stuff set up first. He hasn't done much out there, but I tried to explain that he would have time since they can't go outside for awhile, but I'm going to respect his wishes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by