Cancelling school for a game?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by KDOGG331, Jan 7, 2015.

1. KDOGG331

KDOGG331 Chicken Obsessed

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Did you guys hear about the Ohio kid wanting to cancel school for the Buckeyes game? I'm not even from OH but I just heard about it cause someone asked my friend (who is) if they were in on it (yeah, just cause you're from OH you're in on it xD) and I didn't know what they were talking about so I asked and she gave me the links.

Anyways, this kid freaking made a petition to cancel school the day after because they'll all be "too tired." [​IMG]

I mean, it was well written and all at least but I just....what? He sent it to the governor and everything. [​IMG]

Here's the links:

The article:

http://fox8.com/2015/01/05/student-...hio-state-plays-in-national-championship/#_=_

The petition:

https://www.change.org/p/dr-richard...ter&utm_campaign=share_twitter_responsive#_=_

I'm not even in high school anymore and taking a slight break from college atm for spring, but my friend is and I just found this really humorous and had to share it with you guys.

Personally, I don't even think midnight is that late and he's a wimp lol

What do you guys think?

2. familyfarm1

familyfarm1 Overrun With Chickens

Jun 9, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    [​IMG]

3. KDOGG331

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    My thoughts exactly

4. herfrds

herfrds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    That is nothing! Our kids school cancelled school so the kids who were in sports could go to tournaments and not miss any class time but when it -30 with wind chill told my kids they had to come our it would an unexcused absents.

My kids are enjoying a couple of snow days right now.

5. KDOGG331

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Really? Wow, that's insane.

I remember our school had a band trip to Disney every 4 years and so many kids were in band so it would be like at least half the school was gone and they still had school. I, of course, still went but a lot of people didn't and all the teachers were sort of just like "..umm" because, you know, half the class or way more in some cases, was gone so they couldn't really do anything so a lot of the classes we just didn't do anything and there'd only be like 5 kids in some. xD Was kind of pointless, IMO, because if we're not doing anything anyways (at least in most classes, there's always the one teacher that tries to teach), why go to school?

Sports they never cancelled for either, I don't think, and our town is huge on sports and band.

We did have a few snow days though but oddly, not too many. And we always had to make them up at the end of the year :/

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by