Cancer Fighters and Survivors .. I need your help please...

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by CoopCrazy, May 21, 2010.

1. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Hello all of you amazing BYCers... I am asking for some help with a very dear friend of mine.. She has been fighting cancer in her ovaries for many months now and is getting decidely more down trodden every day.. A lil bit about Tasha she is 25 is a single mother of a wonderful lil boy (Gavin 4yrs old), has always been a mojor upbeat person, even though she has very lil family and only a handleful of real friends... Tasha just found out yesterday that the treatments she has been receiving have not been helping and that her cancer is spreading... Possibly to her liver.. Tasha called me a few moments ago on her way to the DRs office to let me know that she had attempted to commit suicide but at the last minute got scared.. I am very concerned for her and feel that she could use some strength and kind words of encouragement for those who are going thru this as well.. She feels that she has lost herself in the pain and meds of fighting this, has had to allow her son to go and live with his father and is quickly burying herself in alcohol and drugs... I am asking for a few folks to speak to her about your experiences and maybe even find someone to kind of mentor her... I am doing all i can to boost her spirits and keep her from giving up , but she constantly reminds me that I dotn "Know" what she is going thru and since I havent had cancer I truly do not ... Sorry this is soo long and kind of jumbled , I am trying to keep the tears back as I worry about soo much about her... Thank you all and many Blessings

2. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Saying prayers that she can find the Strength to deal with this and the Peace to get through whatever the future holds for her without harming herself even more. Cancer is very hard, hard on the person with it and hard on all of those close to that person. I lost 2 Uncles to Cancer and I know how bad it is. [​IMG] to you.

3. hearthnsoul

hearthnsoul Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2009
    Cape Cod
    Here is an idea,...google her exact type of cancer, find all the survival stories you can and make her a scrapbook try your best to get it in picture form as well,..of the survivors, make it a rich experience. When she is feeling low she can open the scrapbook and look at the stories of others who have been there and their recoveries. Positive inspiring stories!

4. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Quote:This is an awesome idea .. Thank you soo much ...

5. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Josh, I am so sorry to hear about your friend going through this. [​IMG]

Having her son not living with her, while probably g logical idea is probably making her feel like he has moved on already. Considering suicide and going through chemo is the sort of contradictory thinking that is hallmark to depression. Is there anyone else in her family you can alert? If she is a danger to herself you might want to let her doctor know. Some of the chemo drugs themselves have depression as a side effect. Look to see about cancer support groups at the center or hospital where she is getting her treatments.

6. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    I have WHAT in my yard? :

Josh, I am so sorry to hear about your friend going through this. [​IMG]

Having her son not living with her, while probably g logical idea is probably making her feel like he has moved on already. Considering suicide and going through chemo is the sort of contradictory thinking that is hallmark to depression. Is there anyone else in her family you can alert? If she is a danger to herself you might want to let her doctor know. Some of the chemo drugs themselves have depression as a side effect. Look to see about cancer support groups at the center or hospital where she is getting her treatments.

Thansk honey..,. She truly has no family so she will be officially adopted into mine.. I do agree and keep trying to tell her that it is the drugs making her feel this way, not her... She feels that she has lost herself and will never get it back.. I for one know that you CAN get back to who you were before as i am livinh proof of that.. i am making her a list of support groups and online forums for her to look at.. Thanks again all of you...​

7. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Hi Coopcrazy, Did you show her my thread on cancer? Maybe that would help? I also have ovarian cancer. We can fight this together, can you bring her on board? This place has a lot of really nice caring people and she can see for herself how we help each other! We can't let her give up, I can understand how she feels........[​IMG] Could you show her this BYC site and get her to read on all the cancer threads? There is always hope! She's too young to give up!

8. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Quote:I am trying to do just that .. There is soo much inspiration on oyur thread.. I plan to have her get on here today when she comes to work to releave me .. I really need her to see that she can win it and that life is way more important.. Soryy guys Im not gonna look on here for a few as it is really effecting my work today .. I just cant stop thinking about her..

9. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    She is in a desparate situation and is obviously looking for a way to end the agony. Most of us can't even imagine the pain she is in....physically and emotionally. Imagine having a 4 year old and believing that you will never seem him grow up...all the milestones along the way that you will miss and he will not have his mom there...wondering if he will be ok without you.

Ovarian cancer is a forminable opponent and I'm sure she is terrified. Please do introduce her to this wonderful community of e-friends...many of whom are going through exactly what she is facing. Let her know that, although we can't change her circumstances, we can be here to support and love her through this....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by