Cancer In Remission!!!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by thudson, Feb 19, 2016.

1. thudson

thudson Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2013
    Gatesville Texas
    Hello Everyone! Its great to be back here at the BYC!!! It has been tough fighting this cancer. It has been a rollercoaster ride for sure. But the doctors finally said that he could find no more trace of cancer in my body! REMISSION finally is the word. Now it is back to raising my flock and adding to it! Shortly I am planning on adding a few more Easter eggers just so my older girls have some younger company! Well its great to be back, and look forward to chatting or assisting where I can!!!!:D:p

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Good news!

3. DigMyChicks

DigMyChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2015
    Appleton, MN
    X's 2

4. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    [​IMG]Hooray for remission! Here's hoping you feel better and better every day. Glad you're back!

5. lazy gardener

lazy gardener True BYC Addict

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    Congratulations on winning your battle. Glad to have you back. Now, tell me a bit about your dogs, and the history of them in relation to your chickens. I just got a Jack Russell Terrier/mix pup. She's 12 weeks old, and obviously full of energy. I'm hoping and expecting her to be a flock guardian, though she is mainly a house dog.

6. thudson

Apr 2, 2013
    Gatesville Texas
    My dog is a Mountain Shepherd and he is 9 years old. I trained him to follow commands when he was a pup. So when I did get chickens 3 years ago he watched me build the coops raise the chicks which I let him visit each day then when they were turned out in the coop he naturally took to watching over them. He does a fantastic job and is a great dog!

7. thudson

Apr 2, 2013
    Gatesville Texas
    Thanks for all the comments, the BYC is definitely a fantastic community to be apart of! May God bless you all and bless with healthy flocks, lots of eggs, and relaxing times!

8. Spookwriter

Spookwriter Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Ohio
    "Remission"...isn't that a wonderful word to see in Thudson's post
    tonight.

Remission.

What a word, what a blessing.

You go on and order you some of those Easter eggers. Be sure
    and tell us how they do.

But mainly, stay off them roller coasters, Tommy. Scary ride.

Wishing you the best.

Spook

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  9. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Remission Rocks! [​IMG]

Congratulations, and what better way to celebrate than embracing new life and getting chicks? Works for me!

10. thudson

Apr 2, 2013
    Gatesville Texas
    My flock just increased by 4 yesterday. I purchased 4 chicks. 3 Barred Rock Chicks and 1 Black Australorp.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by