cancer ..my mom was just diagnosed **update** page 4 nov 20th

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Dar, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    Hi everyone...

I need a little help from the group...

My mom was just diagnosed with breast cancer ...

my kids are taking it hard..all they know about cancer is that it can kill people..

I would really like to hear from cancer survivors mainly breast cancer..

i have told them that she will be undergoing treatment but it is not a death sentence...

thanks everyone for your support

Darlene and family

******UPDATE****

My mom had her surgery last week and they think they got it all....yaaaaa.....now we are waiting on the results from the lab to decide the strength and amount of chemo and radiation...but her outlook is GREAT!!!!

thanks everyone for your support...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2008
  2. spookykim

spookykim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    Ohio
    my thoughts and prayers are with you and you family. I hope someone can come along and give you some advice. [​IMG]

3. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I am so sorry that your mom has to go through that. My prayers are with your family.

4. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    There are many many millions of breast cancer SURVIVORS!!

I'm sure someone will come along with their own survival and 'thrival' stories - I know there are some on this forum.

Prayers for your mom that it was caught early and that the treatments will be successful!

5. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    the lump was detected in late may and after all the testing came back the mamograms, ultrasound, biopsy, ect...it has taken 4 months
    they are operating on oct 2 to remove it. the DR. said they caught it early and are going to do chemo and radation..they say she wil be off work for about 4 - 6 months

6. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    I am really sorry!! I hope that everything works out well for her.

7. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

My great aunt is a survivor and "thrivor"!! Wish I could be of more help, but I can offer a [​IMG] .

8. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    So sorry to hear about you rmom's diagnosis. Please let her know that she is in our hearts and prayers. My the Lord reach down and let His will be done in her life.

9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Hi..I'm so very sorry to hear about your mom!...i wish i knew what to say to help you through this...i'd be devastated if it were my mom....maybe the only good thing is that they say they caught it early?....that always helps any odds in the patients favor...again..i'm very sorry!...hugs to you..:aww...best wishes..Wendy

10. happyhen

happyhen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Northeastern Ohio
    I'm not a surivor, but several of my friends are. One just finished her treatments (she just did the Komen Foundation's Walk for the Cure over the weekend), one is a 5 yr survivor, one is a 15 yr survivor, and one unfourtuntely was a 10 yr survivor before she had a reccurance and passed away 1 yr ago.

So many strides have been made in breast cancer detection and treatment! Your Mom's odds are very good, especially with a positive attitude and support from family and friends.

There are many support groups out there, and the Komen Foundation is incredible! Get involved.

Breast cancer is tough, but women are tougher!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by