Cancer update

crzychickenlady

Songster
12 Years
Jan 31, 2007
Ok, I thought I would make a post.

It's been awhile since I posted on this. But I have good news!

I posted previously that I was fighting with insurance companies on my treatment. We found out when I started my prenatal care with Master Hayden. My doctor wanted to wait until after the baby was born to do anything about it. That time came and that doctors office stopped taking my insurance. I had to have my care transferred somewhere else.

I finally got in to the new doctor and they wanted to start all over again and do another biopsy....which makes absolutely no sense to me since my records were transferred over to them.
Then they explained to me that they wanted to compare the previous biopsy from my previous doctor to a new one to see how much it had progresses....Mind you it took 4 months to even get the second biopsy with the new doctor
roll.png

This again makes no sense to me...If there were signs of progression, they wanted to do radiation treatments instead of the hysterectomy I had asked for.
Does anyone know why they would want to do this?
Isn't removing the affected area the best treatment?

Anywhooo, the results came back the same as the previous biopsy and they are going to go thru with the hysterectomy! (leaving my ovaries of course so I don't turn into a raging hormonal lunatic, lol)
It's scheduled for late October.

I'm relieved and a bit nervous at the same time here. I have some concerns that this will affect certain parts of my life...

If anyone's been thru this, I have a few questions that can't be answered on the forums, LOL! If ya know what I mean, PM me please!

My sister's opinion was that a tumor can't hurt her if it is in a jar on a shelf. She had 3 primary malignancies removed during her life. She is dead now, but she did not die of any of those malignancies, nor was there any indication any of them ever recurred.

Back
Top Bottom