Candeled egg Does this look right?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by gatorridgechics, Apr 1, 2012.

1. gatorridgechics

gatorridgechics Out Of The Brooder

Feb 29, 2012
    Missouri
    This is my bantam egg on it's 12th day of incubation. I was checking some others and thought I'd look at him\her for...well curiosity's sake. I have 3 other bantams and have never seen so much detail. So obviously one of the groups are not doing well. This one was set on the 20th, the other three were set on the 15th. This is the only one I have seen the spots inside. The rest are just dark masses. I don't think they are any good, however I wasn't ready to give up on them. So this is the pic, please let me know what you think.

[​IMG]

2. shawnalae

shawnalae New Egg

Mar 31, 2012
    It looks like there's something going on in there...I wouldn't give up on it til it's way past due. I did the same thing a couple weeks ago, thinking I had bad ones...unfortunately when I cracked the first one to make sure, there was a perfectly good developing baby inside :( I put the rest back and am in the middle of hatching :) Good luck !

3. gatorridgechics

gatorridgechics Out Of The Brooder

Feb 29, 2012
    Missouri
    Thanks! This one is 5 days behind the others. I can't see any dark spots like eyes in them but I am going to hold out for a little longer just to be sure.

4. DirtCreature

DirtCreature Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    Olympia, Washington
    looks like a baby to me! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by