1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

candeling and hatching pores brown eggs

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by dragonsmenageri, Mar 6, 2014.

1. dragonsmenageri

dragonsmenageri Out Of The Brooder

Jun 29, 2013
    Kent/Auburn Wa
    So I have no idea how I got to the area where I can post I always have a hard time finding the posting area LoL.
    I have 3 dozen road Island red eggs (day 11) along with 6 of my own eggs in my incubator. Almost all the eggs look very pores with only 3 that do not. All these eggs are medium brown in color of good size. I am only seeing vains in one egg when candling. The others look simulur to the good egg except the spot is a bit darker and the dark area seams almost cloudy have these eggs died.

I got the road island red eggs at the local action so I could test my new incubator before paying 30 a dozen for Orpington eggs. The remain 6 eggs were from my own coop I would go out in the morn then put those eggs in the fridge. I then checked ever hour or so for fresh eggs and only kept the 6 larges over the next week. I have 2 rooster (from last years broody hen) over 4 hens. so I know they were furtail. I was wonder if the cold weather might have cased the eggs to be more pores. or if this could have some how happend in the icubator.

I know have 12 duck eggs from the last 2 weeks that I would really like to put in the incubator if these eggs are no good they wont be viable for much longer.

A big thanks to every one.

2. dragonsmenageri

dragonsmenageri Out Of The Brooder

Jun 29, 2013
    Kent/Auburn Wa
    So when I went through the chicken eggs again it looked like 5 of the eggs had died so I pulled those and layed a 6th in the divided area in the middle. I will Just keep checking on the eggs, I am planing on adding new duck eggs to the incubator every week. Thankfully I have a second incubator (a foam one) for lock down. I am still wondering if the pores eggs will hatch and what cases the eggs to be so pores.

3. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by