Candid game cam pix: and the life of my chickens

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Tala, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Putting up a game camera and setting it to take 3 shot sequences is like watching chicken TV in stop motion

Anyway I saved a few of the best shots [​IMG]
    they're just doing what they do when I'm not around lol it's like sneaking a peak into their secret world

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

How COOL! I just bought a game camera on eBay and can hardly wait to put it into operation.

What gorgeous roosters! Especially that one big, red fella!!!

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I just love that speckled fella! Looks like you caught a couple of people wandering around!

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    That camera takes some good pics!

5. Rachel'sFlock

Rachel'sFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

what gorgeous birds! Great pics, too!!!
    I would love to be able to spy on my ladies!!!

6. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Quote:That's my last remaining Dominique from a trio that I bought at a swap meet. I ended up with 2 cockerels, and one of them was running the pullets SO bad by 12weeks that it was off with his head, and my little pullet just up and died on me one afternoon I think maybe heatstroke although absolutely nothing came back on the necropsy, so this guy is left. I like him a lot too. He's a good roo, nice to be around and nice to the girls. He's low on the pecking order too.
    That would be me and hubbs, when I come to get the camera to bring home to read on my computer.

Quote:The black and red one? I bet you mean my Black Copper Marans. He's handsome and really loves the ladies!
    I'm on the fence about keeping him to pair with some hens I have. They all have pretty good coloring but his tail set isn't right, and they don't lay just the best eggs either...BUT at the same time I don't have anything better to breed to them.

Quote:It's a Bushnell with IR flash, costs about $150 at WalMart and I've been VERY happy with it

7. kmwright

kmwright Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2010
    Winters, CA
    The 2nd picture belongs on a postcard! I love it!

8. Rammy

Rammy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2008
    That rooster is a camera hog!! Seems to me he knows his picture is being taken. What a beautiful rooster!! [​IMG]

Rammy

9. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Neat pics!

10. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Quote:Especially with James' red barn in the background, it's perfect!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by