Candidates for Spice Girls or Take That????? More Pics Added

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by pebbles29, May 4, 2009.

1. pebbles29

pebbles29 New Egg

May 4, 2009
    Hi, looking for some help with these. I purchased these as pulletts but I now think I may have a couple of roos. All are just over 10 weeks old. 2 Columbian Brahmas, 2 Partridge Brahmas and 1 Lace Wyandotte. I can't keep roos where I live so need help. Many thanks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  2. noitulover

noitulover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2009
    Central Virginia
    at 10 weeks? i'd say they are pullets... but i could be wrong.

beautiful birds! esp the blue laced red.

3. emilyweck

emilyweck Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Eugene, Oregon
    I'd say pullets, too. Beautiful!

4. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    The one on the bottom left in the last photo may be male; not sure. Most of the rest look female, but boy are the colours off. I DO like the colours, but they are not what you were told.

5. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Quote:I agree. The top 2 (pullets) look like Lemon Blues. The one in the 2nd picture (pullet) looks like a Blue Laced Red, and the 2 others (pullet and roo) are the Partridge.

6. pebbles29

pebbles29 New Egg

May 4, 2009
    Thank you for your responses. I have added a couple more photos - 1 of the bottom left and another of the white. These two don't appear to like each other which made me think they could both be roos. Appreciate your help.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. sloallie10

sloallie10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    CA
    ALL I CAN SAY IS THST those are some beautiful birds!

8. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Those are not lemon blue pullets--lemon blue females have a blue body with lemon on the hackles and breast.

I can't quite tell if the feathers are patterned or just smudgy. If patterned, they may be blue partridge.

The darkest one is not partridge--it's a mix of too dark buff columbian and transverse penciling (as compared with the correct concentric penciling)

9. pebbles29

pebbles29 New Egg

May 4, 2009
    They do have patterns, the one at the back has beautiful patterning. They are also more lemon in colour than they look in the photo.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by