Candled 23 Eggs, Some Shipped/DAY 6...GOOD NEWS!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by speckledhen, Jun 24, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I have in this first batch, 14 of my own Blue Orpingtons, including Delilah's first pullet egg, AND 9 of seriousbill's beautiful heritage Delawares. ALL except perhaps Delilah's, are GROWING WELL! Cant tell on hers, will recandle later on.
    The Delawares were shipped in two different boxes. All 9 look good.
    In a couple of days, I'll candle the Blue/Black/Splash/Buff Orpingtons that traveled all around Georgia before getting to me. They are only on Day 4 now. EXCELLENT news! [​IMG]

2. Dilly

Dilly Cooped Up

Apr 15, 2008
    You are the Hatch Master. lol Seriously Congratulations. Setting the tone for the next batch as well.

Silly

3. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Well, how are things now? Any updates?

4. speckledhen

Wow, forgot about this thread, Buster! I'm on Day 17 today and I have 11 of my own Blue Orps and 7 Delawares still in the running.
    The Orp eggs that traveled all over Georgia still have 9 growing of the original 20, a miracle I think. A couple seem to not be far enough along for Day 15, but there's alot of dancing around in there, so we'll have to wait and see.

5. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Cool Cyn! I have been having troubles with getting things with my bator just right so I am done with shipped eggs for the summer. I will be collecting my own ss and bo eggs all summer and trying them out to perfect things. Then I will have to come knocking for some Suedelettes. By the way, Diesel is now bigger than any chicken I own except for my SS roo and he is gaining on him fast. He is only 22 weeks old! He is even larger than the faverolles and buff orp roos that I have (by far). Another interesting note is that I have two white orp pullets as well as a splash cockerel and black pullet and the splash and black orp are larger than both the whites despite being a month younger than them. I cannot believe how huge the BBS orps get! Sorry to babble and hijack a thread but I thought you would be interested in how large Diesel is getting.

6. speckledhen

They are an armload of chicken, that's for certain. Even the ladies are chunky bums.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by