Candled 46 Ameraucana eggs this evening ...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Dipsy Doodle Doo, Mar 5, 2008.

1. HI!
    I candled 46 'Day10' Ameraucana eggs from my girls this evening.
    44 growing embryos!!! There was 1 clear and 1 blood-ring from the bunch.
    Yaay for more chicks (says the girl with 6 brooders with chicks and 2 with ducklings in the spare room).
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

2. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Sheesh - how long did that take! [​IMG]

3. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

Lisa, I just had all but 7 hatch out of 8 DOZEN ameraucana(I think)!!!!! THey are all so cute with there little fuzzy cheeks and big fluffy beards. This is the first dealings I have had with them and they are precious.

4. Not long, actually.

5. 8 doz? Well pooh, I'm envious. Or not.
    But I can't IMAGINE hatching that many chicks.
    Thats a lot of chicks and I hope the hatch goes well.
    Lisa

6. tx_dane_mom

tx_dane_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    Jeezy Creezy! I want some!!! [​IMG] I hav my 1st 2 'ameraucanas' white girls, that are about 1.5 wks old and they are so cute! I'd really like some blue ones.
    Kristi

7. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

Lisa, somebody gave me all those ameraucana eggs because he had too many. He's supposed to be calling me again this weekend to come get another 100 or so. I origanally intended on selling the chicks but after they hatched and I looked at those fluffy little cheeks, I decided to keep em for myself. I've got about 600 production reds in the incubators for Easter and about 100 ducks. I know, I've lost it.

Edited to add: How do you know what they are going to look like when they are grown? I have some CRAZY colors.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by