My eggs are on Day 6 and I candled today. I first replaced the eggs under my broody silkie with infertile ones because she chooses to brood out in the cold, and not in the coop. I put her in a dog crate, and tried to relocate her in the house- but she refused to settle down. I put the dog crate in her chosen broody spot, and secured the area with more straw, and arranged the board she was behind to hold a roof. She was clearly distressed, and couldn't find, "her spot"- but looked for it for over a two hour span. Knowing 'her' eggs were safe in the incubator, and the ones waiting for her to decide upon were infertile- I let it ride. i figured if it broke her broodiness, it would be okay. Of the four she had, only one shows veining. The others are clear, with loose air cells. The one that shows veining has two large cracks in it- I applied wax, but I am not holding any hope for that egg. Of the five eggs under my Turken , only one has any veining started. The others are clear with loose air cells. I would have removed the four except she reached over and gently rolled the eggs back under her as I was setting them aside. I will take them from her in a couple days. I have four in the incubator now- including the cracked one. If I get any that make it to hatch day, i will stick them under the broodies before they hatch. Because we are so early in the game, and it looks so bleak- I just may have to order more eggs- after this big cold spell is over.